Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a FFR roadster.
I have used a Ford "quick ratio" power steering R&P for two years. I would like to remove it and replace with a Flaming River manual R&P if the steering effort will not be increased too much.

I would like to know what you have encountered in this regard. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
18 Posts
In a recent EMail response to my question about power steering for FFR roadsters, Flaming River told me that they "are in the last stage of testing of our 5.0L pwr racks [for FFR kits] and are taking orders now." Anybody know anything about this?

And, a more general question: What are the perceived advantages of the Flaming River steering hardware? Would appreciate comments from users who've used both the donor Mustang parts and the FR parts. Less free play in the steering? Less steering effort for a specific ratio (15:1, 18:1, etc)? More precise feel?

Thanks to all for your input.

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
Original...
I changed from the donor rack to the FR 18:1...It is absolutely amazing , the difference....
You really won't need power steering...I love the feedback you get from the FR rack...you won't get that from power...
Unless you are autoxing , I would stay with the 18:1 , as the 15:1 will take more effort.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts