Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Justb received my ceramic coated side pipes. The first set went back for dents. This set is worse!
Niether set was damaged fron Jet Hot to me. They were well packaged and there was no damage to the box. I don't understand:

FFR sending out a damaged set to Jet Hot?
Jet Hot receiving a damaged set and still coating them?

The original invoice on the original set stated that the pipes were received dented from FFR.

Glad I'm not in a rush for these.
Any one else have this problem?

Dennis

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Here's what bothers me (if I understand this correctly), Why did Jet Hot coat the dented pipes? You would think that they would have contacted FFR before spritzing 'em.

Frank n Sons.

·
5,559 Posts
I agree with Frank on this one. If I was FFR, I wouldn't pay for the coating at all, since they didn't contact them to report the damage first. No one in their right mind would spend the cash to coat dented pipes!

·
1,018 Posts
I delt w/ Jet Hot direct a few years back and had to send one of the sidepipes back 3 times because of poor coating and dings and dents due to their poor mat'l handling.

Doug
FFR2625

·
191 Posts
Dennis I got my jet coated side pipes and they were both dammaged, coating was ruffed up from rubbing together, and one was dented on the outlet top and bottom. There were scratchs that were there before coating. It looked like to me the pipes were packed in foam in place then tried to be packed in the same box and same packing and the pipes got together and dammaged. I didn't report it to FFR. I was afraid it could happen again, I don't think the box is big enought or filled with enought foam. If had to do over would order uncoated and smoothup and have coated locally. Wayne FFR 4757

1 - 8 of 8 Posts