Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. Does pressure build up in the crankcase, specially with an older engine with more blow by?

Recently bought a '92 Honda Accord with 155K miles, went thru it, engine runs fine, changed CV shafts, brakes, oil, tranny oil, coolant, spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, but forgot to put new PCV. I test it on the highway, good long stretch at ~ 90 mph, when I get home, the valve cover gasket which I'm almost 100% was put in right, just "blows out" at one spot, spraying some oil...hence my question above.

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,802 Posts
If it is stuck closed then it could blow the valve cover gasket from crank case pressure.

·
Premium Member
16,719 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cory, If you're meaning what I think you're meaning, then your mind is in the gutter (what's new, right? :D )

Thanks Gordon, that's what I thought.

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
Gordon's absolutely right of course. I don't know about CC. :D
Older cars used to have their crankcases vented to the atmosphere. Pollution laws made the manufacturers install Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV)valves. When they stick closed, pressure can build and the engine reverts to venting to the atmosphere again but instead of pipe going down the rear of the block, it blows a gasket. (Not a seal CC. That's a different joke) :D :D
d.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
18,585 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.