Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
11 months ago i was thinking about selling my Coupe when i found out that we were having a baby. I was convinced not to, and just work on it when i had time with my newborn. That idea is not going to well. My son was born a month ago and has all of my attention now. This project looks like it will just be sitting here for who knows how long. So now im putting her up for sale. I don't know where to start honestly so i joined here to maybe get some direction on what to do with a half built project car. I was looking to get what i paid for the kit and the engine. That might be asking too much? The motor is built by Engine factory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am open to reasonable offers.

Thanks
Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Ryan,

First off all congrats with the birth of your son!
As far as the coupe goes, unfinished projects never fetch the money you put into it. General rule of thumb would be 50-70% of new. That said is it eating bread and/or in the way? If not just hold on to it and work on it as you can. Before you know it your son will be old enough to help you and you can work on it together. I’m just now in the home stretch of an 11 year build. Not exactly what I had in mind when I started either, but that’s how life went.
If you decide to sell be specific on what’s on and with the car. Good pics go a long way, and advertise in many places.
I started my kit as a second hand build as it had sat in the gents garage for a year without touching it.
There will be people out there looking for what you have just don’t expect to recoup your money....

HTH

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
A finished Daytona Coupe is something you have to continually imagine during the build process! If you ever thought about how a Rock Star feels, finish your Coupe. Now multiply that by 10, for your newborn. Savior that moment. Like John, I spent 12 years building my Gen. 2 Coupe. Sometimes it would sit idol for a year as other family and business matters needed my attention. If you can squeeze it in before Soccer an T-Ball, go for it. If not, every dollar you spend building the Coupe will be reduced by 50%. These cars are a labor of love, not an addition to your Investment Portfolio!

·
Registered
1 Posts
11 months ago i was thinking about selling my Coupe when i found out that we were having a baby. I was convinced not to, and just work on it when i had time with my newborn. That idea is not going to well. My son was born a month ago and has all of my attention now. This project looks like it will just be sitting here for who knows how long. So now im putting her up for sale. I don't know where to start honestly so i joined here to maybe get some direction on what to do with a half built project car. I was looking to get what i paid for the kit and the engine. That might be asking too much? The motor is built by Engine factory. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am open to reasonable offers.

Thanks
Ryan
Ryan congratulation on the new addition to your family. If your still thinking about selling your coupe I may be Interested but would want to first see your order form along with some additional pictures. I have been kicking around building a couple for sometime. Last year my wife coordinated a tour of Factory Five which we took in July. Since then my wife passed away in May and I have way to much time on my hands. I am looking to start a project, but have not exactly determined what that’s going to be. My other question is what state do you live in, I am in NJ.

·
First Time Builder
316 Posts
Also, think about titling issues.... the Certificate of Origin is issued to the original buyer ..... you have to notarize any transfer so the new owner (if you sell) doesn’t have titling issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ryanp111

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for the congrats and for the pep talk. I appreciate the feedback! Maybe i need to just push through with the build when i have time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts