Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
FFR Bandit
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do self parking wiper motors have 5 wires coming out of the plug and going into the motor housing?
Mine only has 3 and does not self park.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Your plug on your motor assembly should have 5 blades. There are three wires going to the motor from the plug. The other two blades are a limit switch in the body and you can not see the wires. I will try and find a motor diagram to help you see what is going on.

I may have an extra switch that came with my wiper but I believe it is a toggle style switch and I am not sure if it will perform the park function correctly.

Do self parking wiper motors have 5 wires coming out of the plug and going into the motor housing?
Mine only has 3 and does not self park.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If the plug has 5 pins you are good. The motor only has 3 wires so you will only see 3 going to the pin housing. Two of the pins don't have wires going to them because they are designed to connect together through a mechanical device internal to the connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.