Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for feedback on the different variations and suppliers of Halibrand style wheels. After some though the 15 x7 turbines won't do it for me so I'm looking to go with a 5 lug conversion and newer wider Halibrands.
The big questions is quality. Is there a significant difference between wheels from FFR, ACIII, Discount, and Vintage. I want something nice with a polish but pricing is an issue because I have to consider US/Can exchange. I know the FFR will fit first time out, on the otherhand Discount has a nice wheel at an affordable price. I don't like the fact that discount does not have the spinner.
Any input and pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy

·
Super Moderator
29,362 Posts
I believe Vintage Wheels only makes pin drive.

PS Engineering makes a beautiful Halibrand wheel. They are making my 15x8 and 15x14 BRM wheels for my GT40

GT40 Bill

·
Charter Member
1,891 Posts
Jimmy,

I love the Trigo wheels but they are pricey. I'm in Canada also so let me know what you decide and what it costs you to bring them in.

Garrick.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
The FFR site has a "coming soon" pic for vintage wheels 5 lug bolt on's. Maybe Vintage is in the process or is making them already. G.

·
2,987 Posts
Jimmy, go to the Discount Tires website, Look at teh Halibrand Cobra III wheels. Very nice wheels at a very affordable price, in comparison with the other wheels.

PM me if you would like some digitals of the wheels. I can probably get thos to you tomorrow.

Kurt

·
Senior Charter Member
692 Posts
You might want to call Wheel Vintiques also. They have a "Halibrand" version called the "Bullett", which is not on their web site yet. It is brand new and I saw it at the GoodGuy's Nationals in Columbus, Ohio a few weeks ago.

Cost for a 17" x 9.5" was $425 and that is a billet wheel, not a cast version.

·
249 Posts
Just received my Team III wheels yesterday via UPS. Cost to bring them in was $139.87 GST, $75.10 Brokerage, $5.26 GST on the Brokerage fee for a total of $220.23 Canadian. I bought their one piece wheels, 8 inch for the front, 9.5 inch for the rear.

Murray

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
pse makes a 15x8 and 15x10 traditional Halibrand style in 4 lug. They look first rate and are very light.The cost is $1450-$1550 U.S. shipped to a USA address. They can be found used on the cobra parts for sale section. I've seen them for a $1000.
best of luck..Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts