Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like that much better than the "new" Cobra. Unfortunately, I don't see Ford releasing two super coupes (GT and GR1) at during the same time.

·
3,760 Posts
I see the genes of the Daytona there, but the high waistline is reminiscent of the venerable Porsche 944 too.

AJ

·
Registered
9,942 Posts
Top looks too low and windshield too laid back (reminds me of a Viper too). Other than that just remove the grouchy old dude in front of it and it looks great!

(just kidding about the grouchy thing)

·
6,559 Posts
Holy Smokes! That's NICE!!

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Since this is a 'concept' car, wonder if the GR-1 will ever make it to the production line. Sure would like to test drive it on a test track!!!

Allan

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
That is SWEET!!! I like it.. I want one!

·
Charter Member
607 Posts
As long as it has that blue oval in front I want one

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
The Smith brothers should really piss off CS and make a kit of that asap.

That would make a nice daily driver!

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
Kinda looks like a reconfigured Jag.... not a bad thing but interesting. Any info avalible on it? -wingnut13

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I knew you guys would like it. For me the most interesting thing is the Ford 6.4L V10, 605 BHP / 451.2 KW @ 6750 RPM and 501 FT LBS / 679 NM @ 5550 RPM while the redline is 7.5K. Bring on the Viper....That is one cool looking car and yes...They could have had a model standing in front of it

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
In the Columbus Dispatch today it said that Ford was lacking a sports car to compete with the Corvette and the Viper. A new prototype might go on sale as early as 2006. If the price is around the Vette price it may work if it's around the Viper price thats close to GT range.
Too much nose not enough tail.
Gregg

·
4,318 Posts
Guess the old fart gave up on trying ot build cars hims self and got Ford to do them for him.

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
That thing is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt!!! :eek:

Who let that crotchety old fart lean against it???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.