Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm double checking that I'm understanding the manual correctly.
For the lap belt, inside attachment: drill thru the tranny tunnel aluminum and insert the bolt thru the attachment mount, the belt, then the tranny aluminum and the nut goes inside the tunnel?

Just sounded unusual to bolt thru the tranny tunnel. :confused1:

·
FFR Craftsman
684 Posts
That's how it's done on the Mk4.
Cheers.
Bill

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On earlier cars the tab was positioned so that the nut and bolt are both inside the cockpit.
OK, that's what I thought and why I asked.
As always, Thanks Jeff, you're a wealth of knowledge and always willing to share it! :001_smile:

·
FFCobra Craftsman
25,959 Posts
I ended up moving mine to a position similiar to the MkIV years ago. I wanted to move the seat as close to the center of the car as possible and that original mount took up space.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
may want to bolt down those seats Mark:evil:let me guess the wife said i ain't go-cartin till you get me a belt at least around my waist.
don't forget the safety glasses, those damn road rocks will get you

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bolted the seats down Sunday and pulled my Sunglasses out of the DD. :w00t:

Nothing to do with the wife (she wants a windshield and A TOP!!)
I was tired of sliding around and getting grit kicked in my face :001_tt1:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok, pulled the seat back out last night so I could get access to the belt mounts to drill out the hole in the aluminum. Inserted the bolts and mounted the belts through the tranny tunnel (much easier without the corner aluminum in place).
While I had the seats out I also measured and installed the submarine belts. Put the seat back in, test-fit the seatbelt setup. Felt like the sub belt was too tight, so pulled the seat back out and let it out another 2". Re-installed the seat and it feels better, so I'm going to go with that until I change my mind.

Seats and belts are now semi-final installed :001_tongue:. But I'll pull them back out to rivet the aluminum, add deadner, and install the carpet.

At least I'm not sliding around now and feel safer buckled in. :001_rolleyes:

Seats are on sliders and the backs are adjustable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.