Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys...

I got home from SEMA on Friday night late and tried to get a little work done this weekend. I have the Mass-Flo wiring harness all wrapped and back on the engine. I would like a super neat way to secure the harness to the bottom of the firewall or frame. What have you guys been using?

Wire ties with eyelets? Large rubber insulated clamps? Let me see some pics!

Thanks...

Mark

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Mark the few wires going across my firewall I used the plastic clamps to secure to the firewall after covering the wireing with the plastic wire loom. If I had a larger bundle I most likely would have ran them thru the same plastic contuit used to run cables and wires underneath the car to the rear. It's also held with clamps riveted to frame.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, the main harness is encased in the high temp convolute that comes in the kit and then wrapped in harness tape (all comes with the wiring kit part of the Mass-Flo). So I have a main harness section about 2-inches in OD I need to secure. Just looking for something clean...

Thanks HS for your comments/suggestions...

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
Mark,
Not sure how you're harness is configured but I went through the firewall straight back from the engine. No wires across the firewall. Once the body is on it will be even harder to notice.

Cheers, Rod

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've seen your photos many times Rod, but I'm planning on using the stock wiring location in the corner over the passenger footbox, mainly to take up some wiring slack and to put the ECM in the footbox wall.

I have one of Ryan's oval grommets on order right now...

Mark

·
Premium Member
16,561 Posts
How about if you made a nice 1/4 round aluminum cover cover for the wiring then? Could tap and screw it to the 2 x 2 behind the firewall for easy removal if you needed to access the wiring.

Cheers, Rod

[ November 06, 2006, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: dv/dt ]

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,784 Posts
Mark,
I used 1 1/2 inch diameter rubber insulated AN hose clamps from Spruce Aircraft supply. These look good and hold the harnesses securely. I used pan head screws and nylock nuts to secure the clamps in the firewall sheet metal.
Best regards,
Chuck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts