Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I walked into a upholstery shop today and asked "How much to reupholster my seats with new foam, leather and piping?" He said $1200

The I asked him "How much to just to re-do the piping with another color?" He said $400

Is this about right?

Anyone know anyone is SoCal who can do this?

Low-back seats.

-Kouros

·
54 Posts
Try AC Custom Interiors - he's a supporting vendor here at FFCars. He sells seat cover sets for $300 + shipping a set and I know he'll do custom work because I have asked.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,435 Posts
I second AC Custom interiors. He did my seats - you can see them on the seat section of their website. I love them. WAY better than stock. He used nicer seam stitching and added some high-density foam to the pleats. They're thicker and just feel a lot higher quality now...

-Mike

·
4,494 Posts
The guy who is asking $1200 is obviously not hungry, or needs to pay for the Flat panel TV he bought for Xmas.

Bill

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup, you got that right Bill. I don't think anyone who has Auto upholstery business in South OC would be hungry. I feel sheepish I event went there.

·
Premium Member
6,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't find AC Custom Interior is the vendoe list. I do see Alex's Custom Roadster Interiors though. Are they the same? Any links please?

EDIT:
Okay I think they are the Same. Alex Custom :rolleyes:

-Kouros

·
Charter Member
1,495 Posts
Kouros. The key word here might be "Leather". Most shops will use glove vinyl. I had leg bolsters added to mine and new covers for $300. Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts