Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· FFCobra Captain
11,721 Posts
Shameless plug...i just listed my kirkey vintage buckets for sale in the classified section. The new ffr buckets are nice though. I got a set during the black friday sale.

· Registered
848 Posts
Another option - with some fabrication required

Depending on your specific needs (more space?, more comfort?, just something different?) - and your fabrication skills, here's some in-house customs seats made by the guys at SKJ Customs for the LS3 powered car they had at SEMA this year. Turns out the car owner's son is really tall and needed more foot room than the OEM FFR supplied seats offered.

Simple two-piece aluminum "shells" bolted to the floor & rear bulkhead, with relatively thin padding/upholstery by another local shop.

LOTS of additional foot room (I'm 6'3" tall and when seated in the car, can barely reach the front of the DS foot box) and reasonably comfortable ... esp. when you remember most of these builds are weekend "fun cars/Saturday night cruisers" and NOT long distance over the road vehicles.

NOTE: 2nd attached picture (black with red stripe car) are some OEM FFR seats in a Mk4 for comparison.

Attachments

· New
1,143 Posts
Depending on your specific needs (more space?, more comfort?, just something different?) - and your fabrication skills, here's some in-house customs seats made by the guys at SKJ Customs for the LS3 powered car they had at SEMA this year. Turns out the car owner's son is really tall and needed more foot room than the OEM FFR supplied seats offered.

Simple two-piece aluminum "shells" bolted to the floor & rear bulkhead, with relatively thin padding/upholstery by another local shop.

LOTS of additional foot room (I'm 6'3" tall and when seated in the car, can barely reach the front of the DS foot box) and reasonably comfortable ... esp. when you remember most of these builds are weekend "fun cars/Saturday night cruisers" and NOT long distance over the road vehicles.

NOTE: 2nd attached picture (black with red stripe car) are some OEM FFR seats in a Mk4 for comparison.

Very nice. Are you sure about the seats in the second pic though. Those don't look like what FF shows in the parts section. I really like those. I want something besides the fiberglass seats too. I have some Corbeau Baja's and I love the way they feel and the shape, but they are a bit too big and I don't like the idea of adding 2 more different materials to the look of the interior. Just looks mismatched.

· Registered
848 Posts
Very nice. Are you sure about the seats in the second pic though. Those don't look like what FF shows in the parts section.
Pretty sure (95%) they are FFR OEM seats - recovered along with the tunnel etc by a custom upholstery shop, same upholstery shop that covered the aluminum "shells" in the gray w/blue car in the 1st picture.

I'll verify and update if I've made a mistake.

OEM seats from FFR don't have the very pretty red double stitching.

HTH

Lynn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.