Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me which company makes the best, lowest profile seat traxx that will work on BOTH drivers and passenger seats without much additional height? Some only work on the drivers side and neither of my seats are mounted to the car. Thanks guys.

Jon

·
Registered
154 Posts
Depends on what seats your using. I originally mounted mine direct to the floor with the bucket seats then switched to the FFR street performers they have a thick steel plate and I also put those direct to the floor. NO adjustments I'm the only driver.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about your passenger? Did you mount that seat as well?

·
Cobra Builder
373 Posts
Look at Breeze Automotive #70025. It looks like a very nice, easy to install setup. It also cants the seat back just a bit, which will be more comfortable for extended driving.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I was just checking out the breeze system. It's a lot bigger and much more expensive than your basic 2 rail track. I'm wondering if the two rail track will work on the passenger side as well?

·
Cobra Builder
373 Posts
One good thing about the Breeze system is it would be fairly easy to install in a car with a completed interior. The large aluminum "tray" is easily rivited through to the cockpit aluminum, without having to figure out where the steel framework is underneath.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I noticed about it too. Kinda bulky though and sorta expensive. Might be worth the $ though instead of the basic 2 rail per side setup..

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone installed the breeze system in their completed car and if so, was it a difficult installation? I just got off the phone with the guy at Breeze who said there are 80 steps to follow and it'll take a good 8 hours to do both seats! YIKES!!!!

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
The instructions are pretty complicated plus I bought Sube Sports SS seats for my car and the Breeze mounts do not fit their frame. The Breeze mounts are specifically engineered for the FFR classic seats. I read on the forum here that someone used them with the SS seats but either Sube has changed their dimensions or our forum member had to fabricate something to make the seats fit. That being said, the Breeze mounts are well made, steel by the way, and, if the instructions are followed, would be an excellent addition to your car. I cannot use mine so if anyone wants them PM me and I'll make you a deal. I did not get adjustable tracks, just the mounts.

KC

·
Charter Member
117 Posts
ok after looking at many seat tracks (ffr I didnt like at all got a set in the didnt use box) I spent hours looking for a usable set from a pick and carry yard I ended up with a set out of a volvo about a 1" thich all one piece so you dont have to worry about alinament could have bought 6 sets for what I gave for the unused FFR ones, just a suggestion.

·
Junior Charter Member
916 Posts
If you are using SP I will post a pic of a heavy duty angled bracket that I made.

Bart

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Does anyone know of anyone in the Los Angeles area who might mount my seats for me? I don't have the time myself which is why I bought a completed car from someone else?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Here's what I did. I bought 1 set of seat tracks from FFR. Found someone else selling the same seat tracks for $20.00. They should be here on Monday.

Here is what I have so far. I made these so that it would be the easiest to remove and install these seats. brackets and square tubing were fabricated. Turned out better than expected.

Here are the remaining parts for the passenger side. Both are the same.

Here are the carrage bolts that go throught the 2x2 and 1x1 square tubing. I also cut the head off a pair of 3/8"-16 2.5" long carrage bolts, then drilled and tapped into the 4" round tube.

I placed a washer below the aluminum nut I made to kinda keep the stud in place and to have the square tubing rest of them instead of the carpet, which could give. I also added washers to level the seat.

Here's a picture of the front seat mounts. Both driver and passenger side will have seat tracks so I will be able to get to the I squared 1+1 box between the seats without having to remove the seats.

here is what it looks from behine the seat. I welded a 1 1/2" angle iron to het the bolt to pass through the 2x2 square tubing.

Here's the finish product.

·
Premium Member
5,825 Posts
Geez Robert!!

I hope you've got adjustable pedals as well! Looks as though you may have trouble reaching them! ;)

Sean

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very nice job RR. I don't have a welder at home so I'm thinking I need to find someone who can help me with this once I pick out which seat traxx to use. I like the simplicity of your set up. Any ideas? I live in the Los Angeles area.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Canuck-Yea, My son was trying to reach the pedals the whole time I was snapping pictures. So funny. :D

I can make them for you. Just not sure haw far your seats will go back, in refrence to the type of seat tracks. The small bit of angle iron was all I welded. If I didn't weld it, then the bolt hole would be through just the aluminum floor panel.

The deluxe road race seats made in a little more complicated since it had mounting holes on the side. This is why I needed the angle aluminum to bolt it to the seat tracks. If not for that, it would have been an easier install.

PM me any time, or if you want to chat, I'd be more than willing to help you with this hurdle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
KCKingCobra

sent PM.

Sherman M.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by splitfinger:
.....The large aluminum "tray" is easily rivited through to the cockpit aluminum, without having to figure out where the steel framework is underneath.
Please don't advise others to install a seat this way. What you do is your business, but not using the steel structure to support the seat mount is incorrect and dangerous.

·
Cobra Builder
373 Posts
I fail to see how riviting that seat mount to the aluminum is dangerous. It would still be supported by the steel underneath. I never attach my seats to the car. Makes for easier cleaning and repairs. I always wear seatbelts, so I, and my seat, won't be going anywhere. If the fact that my seat is not attached to the car comes into play, I have much bigger problems, namely, I may be upside down.
Please set me straight.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts