Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Charter Member
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling all tall FFR drivers… :rolleyes: I’m trying to decide on which of the three seat options to choose for my kit. It is being delivered in Nov, so I can still make a change based on what you guys have to say. I am 6’3” and the amount of legroom in the car is a real issue to me. I was told that the “traditional seats” would allow me the most legroom possible, but I really like the new Street Performer seats best of all. Here is the question; if the “standard” seat and the Street Performer seat (mounted at a small angle) were mounted as far back as possible, would you end up with the same amount of legroom..? Thanks everyone... :D

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I,m just finishing replacing my stock FFR low backs with the street performers,and if you mount them as far back as possible and right to the floor (no slider) you should have enough leg room.On my passenger side I tilted the seat back 5 degrees for a more relaxed position for my wife,I'm 5'8" and with the seat tilted but still back as far as possible my feet touch the front of the foot box.The drivers side is mounted flat, but on sliders for a more aggressive driving position.So if your are looking for max. leg room you wont be using sliders and mount the seat directly to the floor.This is no easy installation,the seats just fit with the proper tranny tunnel modifications (BFH).The body will need to be on with no carpet installed to make for the easiest install.Good Luck

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
3,285 Posts
I have Street Performers, am 6'1" and sufficient legroom. The seats were uncomfortable for me bolted flat to the floor, so I tilted them up 3" in front, using L-shaped steel I bought at Home Depot. I didn't use sliders, because that would put the driver's head too high, I think. That said, there would be even more legroom with the standard low back seats, which are more convenient for cruising and street use, but less supportive for hard a-x or open track use. I also like having the neck protection the high back seats provide. Here's a thread about installing the Street Performers if that'll help. Good luck. Street Performer Install Info

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.