Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I've come up with something I'm happy with. They're strong, rigid and easy to get them in and out of the car. They're not adjustable, but I'm building it for me and my wife. The passenger seat is back for easy in and out of the car and I'll probably make a removable angled foot rest for her. That way a tall friend can go for a ride with little effort. I know the drill, so here's the pics.

Do you guy's see any problems with this set up? Thanks

·
FFCobra Craftsman
4,241 Posts
Looks awsome... wont that e-brake handle get in your way?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rob, no it's on top of the trans tunnel. It's a perfect line of pull from the seat.

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Man those are Art - I just ordered pair of Kirkeys at the Open House and I was wondering how I was going to mount them - don't suppose you have any drawings?

Scott

·
Junior Charter Member
157 Posts
You know, a heavy duty spring under that seat with a side release lever - and you can market it as the new Cobra SES (spouse ejection seat). LOL

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scott, Thanks. I don't know which Kirkey's you've bought, I've got the drag seats. If you have those, then I'll find the templates and send them to you. I set the bottom at 1 1/2" off the bottom and found the angle I needed then made templates to the bottom shape. I did weld doublers to the seats to spread the load out, thats pretty important.
Let me know which seats you have.

Donutblue, now that's funny I don't care who you are. You watch too much Myth Busters.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Now that is great! I have the Kirkey classic's but would love a copy of your templates if possible? Great fabrication job! I've been wondering how to mount these things!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.