Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody! Couple quick questions: (forum search isn't working strangely...)

Hazard lights, are they required in NH? I'm guessing they should be required everywhere, though I haven't heard for sure either way.

Secondly, should I mount the seats against the cockpit backwall or spaced away? My seats are standard Mk3 low-back. I noticed the seats squeak on the exposed frame crossmember when it rubs against it but feel a bit flimsy when pulled forward. Not critical, just seeing if anyone had advice or preference.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
cant answer the questions. but... I always use the google search function since the built in function for these sites are usually useless. Scroll to the bottom of any page on this forum and you will see the google search bar at the bottom. Use that. it works much better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Russ,

I don't know the answer to that question specifically however since I'm in the planning process for my roadster I have talked to the state about inspection requirements. Specific to the engine I'm going to use. (has to be older than 2006 mfg date BTW to not require OBD). They informed me that the car will be titled and registered as a street rod. Which is subject to this rule: Saf-C 3200

I did a search on hazard lights end emergency lights. I found a pile of info of which I am not qualified to give you an opinion on but it should get you going.

Adam

Hi everybody! Couple quick questions: (forum search isn't working strangely...)

Hazard lights, are they required in NH? I'm guessing they should be required everywhere, though I haven't heard for sure either way.

Secondly, should I mount the seats against the cockpit backwall or spaced away? My seats are standard Mk3 low-back. I noticed the seats squeak on the exposed frame crossmember when it rubs against it but feel a bit flimsy when pulled forward. Not critical, just seeing if anyone had advice or preference.

Thanks in advance!

Greg

·
Junior Charter Member
1,637 Posts
Greg,
Seat mounting: I think it depends on your leg length. I mounted the driver seat on sliding seat tracks. I slide the seat all the way back for ease of entry, them I slide it forward
so I can fully depress the clutch.
HTH
Tim

·
Registered
274 Posts
Russ,

I don't know the answer to that question specifically however since I'm in the planning process for my roadster I have talked to the state about inspection requirements. Specific to the engine I'm going to use. (has to be older than 2006 mfg date BTW to not require OBD). They informed me that the car will be titled and registered as a street rod. Which is subject to this rule: Saf-C 3200

I did a search on hazard lights end emergency lights. I found a pile of info of which I am not qualified to give you an opinion on but it should get you going.

Adam
Actually OBD II is not required prior to 1996. A 1997 or newer motor would have to be emission compliant.
Here is a link to one of my threads. http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/288907-so-whats-scoop-registration-nh.html

More confusion....I think the DMV is inconsistent with their info depending on who you talk to :glare: When I went out to the DMV in Keene, Scott Samson and I spoke with a trooper and were told we would register as Reconstructed Vehicles. Here is more info from another member.
http://www.bipac.net/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_NH.pdf

I think there was info for a Hot Rod regarding blinkers but didn't read it all the way through. You may want to post this under the Northeast Forum.

Tom

·
Registered
272 Posts
I meant 1996, I don't know why I typed 2006. :eek:

Actually OBD II is not required prior to 1996. A 1997 or newer motor would have to be emission compliant.
Here is a link to one of my threads. http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-factory-five-roadsters/288907-so-whats-scoop-registration-nh.html

More confusion....I think the DMV is inconsistent with their info depending on who you talk to :glare: When I went out to the DMV in Keene, Scott Samson and I spoke with a trooper and were told we would register as Reconstructed Vehicles. Here is more info from another member.
http://www.bipac.net/semaga/TagTitleToolbox_NH.pdf

I think there was info for a Hot Rod on blinkers but did'nt read it all the way through. You may want to post this under the Northeast Forum.

Tom

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
One of he best things I ever found on this form was the following:
If you wish to search for a topic do the following;
1) go to google
2) enter site:ffcars.com (then what you wish to find)
like site:ffcars.com seat mounting
HTH
CB

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the responses. The google search is MUCH better and I'll definetly be using the NH title-guide. I was mainly curious if anyone noticed the seats being a bit flimsy though. I want to mount them slightly forward to make clutching easier for my height.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts