Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok
I've decided to recover my street performer seats and since I'm in the embroidery business I have to put a logo into the seat.
I need some ideas....

Help me come up with a nice design and I'll run off a set for you.

Sean

·
Junior Charter Member
1 Posts
Hey Sean, I'm new here - been loitering for weeks - and am saving for my kit as we speak. I'll be spinning up a blog for my effort but did come across a logo I kinda liked.

I actually got this from a search on Google and I think it has something to do with GI Joe! ROFL

It's not my design but I did draw/trace the original to give me a nice sharp logo.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,315 Posts
Sean, how about the original Shelby Cobra logo ? Not a big huge one, but something smaller for a bit more class.

Then match it up with some Cobra embroidered mats -- but remember to locate the Cobra emblem so that your feet don't sit right on it. The white part of the logo would get dirty in a hurry.

-SB

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was think of using the original cobra emblem but without the circle. I'm going to draw something up.

Sean

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
think discrete as to not be the thing the eye is drawn to, but something you notice if you look hard. can be obtained by stiching the same color as the fabric.

·
MKI Owners Club
1,351 Posts
I do vinyl, and here is one that I did for a customer.... I also threw in just the Cobra logo without the circle like you were talking about. I don't know what software you use, but I can provide the file if you like either of them.

Legal: All of the company or product logos used in this post are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies, and are provided as a convenience only for their lawful use. It it the expressed intent of this 'poster' that any unauthorized use of the aformentioned items by the any forum member shall be the sole responsibility of the forum member. Use of any image provided by the 'poster' of this forum is not authorized for the use of any specific logo or trademark. By viewing, you convey to the 'poster' you have authority to view or use the image.

How's that .... is the big 'C' coming after me??

[ November 10, 2006, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: NHolds ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NHolds

Yes the one on the left is close to what I want to.
I use either wings or wilcom. If not .dst is fine.

TNCobra,
Yes I was thinking about that. I plan to use tan leather and would do the emblem 2 or 3 shades darker then the tan leather.

·
MKI Owners Club
1,351 Posts
And I thought I could export files into just about anything ..... haven't heard of .dst before. If you need the file, I would have to know what file extensions you can import.

·
FFCobra Captain
11,697 Posts
The one on the left is cool. Don't personalize it though.

Are you doing anything special to cover the transmission tunnel top? It would be cool to put something there too. Maybe embroider Carol Shelby's signature on the center console. A replica signature on a replica cobra. Pretty funny.

I'm thinking of redoing my whole dash...I may give you some material to embroider for me.

I saw your car this morning...took a drive over to see Jeff before I started work.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,260 Posts
I'm going to talk with Ted Falk about one of his Cobra Charicatures when I re-do mine.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure old Shel would love to see his signature embroidered on my trans. tunnel :D :D :D

That's a great idea to add the logo onto the trans tunnel. I'm planning to cover it so it matches the dash so I could add the logo there.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nholds

Any of the major formats is fine. The .dst is a tajima format.
What program do you use?

Sean

·
FFCobra Fanatic
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So you cut the vinyl and applique it on? or do you cut the pattern out of the vinyl?

I'm planning on stitching it into the vinyl.

·
Charter Member
146 Posts
We're also in the embroidery and screen printing business. (Since 1984)

I have threatened to embroider some of my car stuff, but have never gotten around to it.

We have done quite a few custom car interior projects over the years - mostly door panels and seat backs.

I may have a couple .dst files that would apply.

PM me with an idea of what logo you are lookinf for..

·
MKI Owners Club
1,351 Posts
Sorry, I guess I should have been more specific. I do vinyl decals, and graphics. Not vinyl seats.

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Sean, let me take a look over the weekend. I think I have the snake shape without
the wording already in .DST format.

I would be very careful about discussing making anything with the "C" or "S" words in it... :rolleyes:

·
MKI Owners Club
1,351 Posts
I tell you, the world has really gone to sh*t when you can't even mention the name without a lawsuit.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,260 Posts
Ted,

If/when I re-do mine, I will ask you about sewing charicatures into two pieces of material to be sewn into the new seat covering.

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Thanks Dan, as long as it doesn't have to look CHEAP
to match the rest of the car :eek: :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts