Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the weather has changed for the better. While driving in a t shirt,the shoulder straps need some padding. Where is a good place to find some "cobra" shoulder harness pads that slide over the belts?

·
Tropically Twisted
1,727 Posts
I don't know if anyone manufactures them, but Dad's wife made a set from 4 of the wooly ones that are sold at auto parts stores.. 2 for each side of the shoulder harnesses, sown together and velcro on one side.. they work quite well!

Simpson makes some of these in Nomex, http://www.simpsonraceproducts.com/products/product_detail.aspx?cat_id=225&prod_id=914

I personally like to use light polo shirts when driving, as the collar keeps the straps from cutting into my neck.

HTH!

·
FFR Cobra King
761 Posts
Finishline has them and they actually say Cobra on them. Kind of spendy though and I'm sure that Simpson or the other seatbelt manufacturers make ones that will hold up better. I have the Finishline ones and they are soft as a baby's butt and look great but I don't think they are going to last very long.

KC

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts

·
Cobra Junky
786 Posts
If you know anyone who is decent with a sewing machine...
I had Mom stitch me up a pair for the Simpson Harnesses in my CJ-5. They are black Polarfleece, very soft, and don't absorb water if it happens to rain with the top off.

The other trick is to have them stitched with velcro so it can be reversed and reattached when it starts to show wear.

I've had them on the Jeep as a nearly/daily driver for 3 or 4 years now and I'm pretty sure they get abused more in my application than they would in a Cobra. Still look like new and still haven't needed to reverse them yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.