Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find any 10w around here. I seem to remember that compressor oil was 10w - can I use the compressor oil in the transfer case?

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
I just used some 10W gear oil. It took just 100ml, so don't over do it.

What do you think of the scooter quality?

- Bill

·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Buddy!

I just wanna get these things running and make sure everything is okay. I'm pretty committed to the compressor oil - just lookin' for some confirmation.
Got your note, glad you'll be there.
Played around with some wheel/tire combo's yesterday - trying to get it "just right" for me.
Excited about next weekend, I'm going to get my...oh yea, I wasn't going to tell you - it'll be a surprize when we meet up at DVSF3.
Did buy the 9 qt oil pan I've been lookin' at.
Money, money, money.
Greg

·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bill,
They are very nice quality.
It's the 10w I can't find. Anyone confirm that compressor oil is 10w?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've been on this thing too long today. I have to get out there and work on the roadster,cutting the dash. Going with the other layout this time,speedo in the center. The self canel turn signal seems to work ok. latter Rich

·
1,018 Posts
Geely manual says "10# motor oil". pg 24. I think any 10W- weight gear/motor oil will work fine. Note, not all compressor oil is 10W.

Doug
FFR2625

[ November 10, 2002, 11:53 AM: Message edited by: d isham ]

·
Mid Ohio Loopster
1,980 Posts
Hey greg, you shouldn't be worrying about the scooter when you only have a few more of the good weather days left here in michigan. Run that cobra while you can. I'm the guy that bought the rear axle from you. Just took the car out for the first go-cart ride today. AWESOME!!! This thing is going to scream!! Can't wait to get it on the road next spring in either paint or primer.
Scott

·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i actually thrashed the car the last couple of days. took it to work friday and drove around saturday too given the good weather. the scooters are being played with to insure they will work in the spring - plus it was damp and drizzly here today - thought about taking the car out but I wasn't up to the wet drive.
glad to hear your car's coming along.
I'll send you a note in the next couple days regarding dvsf3 and some rates we have for our local group.
Greg

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,267 Posts
Check with your local hydraulic shop. I think most hydraulic oil is 10W.
Bring one of the scooters to DVSFIII, I would like to take a look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts