Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Next Sunday there is an SCCA event at Road Atlanta. it's great fun and they welcomed our single roll bar cars last time. It's only $100 for two twenty minute track sessions.

·
Junior Charter Member
431 Posts
I wish I could attend but I am here at Ft Stewart doing some pre-deployment trianing until the 23rd.

·
NooB
90 Posts
Are you talking about the 18th? What time do the sessions start? Any requirements for a tech inspection? This sounds like a ton of fun! I've never taken a 4-wheeled vehicle on road atl, only raced bikes there. I'm very interested if its not too early since I work nights. Do you have a link with any more info? Thanks!

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It starts pretty early. I haven't heard what time the driver's meeting is but last time it was 0730. Sessions start at 1000. The tech insppection was pretty simple. I think they just check tires, leaking fluids, battery tied down etc. In the A group it is pretty tame but a blast. The speed limit is a suggested 95 but I was over 110-115 a couple of times. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here ya go:

atlantascca/

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT for video

·
Junior Charter Member
331 Posts
That Video was great

When is the next time. Are you doing lead/follow because you only have 1 roll bar or does everyone. It looks like a good time.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When is the next time. Are you doing lead/follow because you only have 1 roll bar or does everyone. It looks like a good time.
Lead/follow because of the roll bar. The next event I could find is in November. I thought there was one in September but I can't find any info on that one. There are sound regulations in effect too but my car doesn't seem to pose a problem. Some of them, (Don, Matt, Pig, you know those with real engines) MAY be too loud. They do have sound measuring equipment in place to monitor levels.
It was a blast.

·
NooB
90 Posts
Lead/follow because of the roll bar. The next event I could find is in November. I thought there was one in September but I can't find any info on that one. There are sound regulations in effect too but my car doesn't seem to pose a problem. Some of them, (Don, Matt, Pig, you know those with real engines) MAY be too loud. They do have sound measuring equipment in place to monitor levels.
It was a blast.
Looks like a great time, I'm surprised they had you running the old turn 3 and 12. The new 12 is much safer on account of the race line being directly in the middle of the bridge as opposed to the left side.

Regarding the sound, do you have glass pack side pipes or something different? I'd like to do it but I'd be running on no sleep to get out there by 8am. Not that I'm opposed to that;s what I do for every race on the bike, but I don't want to if I'm not even gonna be able to get some track time.

·
Supreme Cobra Commander
9,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a great time, I'm surprised they had you running the old turn 3 and 12. The new 12 is much safer on account of the race line being directly in the middle of the bridge as opposed to the left side.

Regarding the sound, do you have glass pack side pipes or something different? I'd like to do it but I'd be running on no sleep to get out there by 8am. Not that I'm opposed to that;s what I do for every race on the bike, but I don't want to if I'm not even gonna be able to get some track time.
I thought the new configuration was geared more towards bikes. I never seen cars run them and I haven't been to a bike race in years so I'm not really sure.
As far as the sound goes, I thought my car was pretty loud until Saturday when DB pulled up and his car is a LOT louder than mine. But then again he has a lot more engine than I do. Mine is basically stock with the FF standard sidepipes and he hasa got over 500HP to the rear wheels (if my memory is correct). Saturday I did the ride after working all night. If you get plenty of sleep the day before it's not too tough. Sunday after I got home, I took a shower and basically chilled out the rest of the day and went to work that night. Yes, this past weekend was a major dose of roadster mania. :yes:

If anyone registers for this make sure to let them know you will be needing a lead/follow instructor so they can plan accordingly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts