Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Caress of Steel
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He came by to help tune the carb a bit. Rejetted it down a couple of notches, and we went for a go-cart ride. On a relatively quiet stretch of road I layed into it through first and second...I could barely hear him yelling "HOLY S---!"

My mid-build slump is officially over!

·
Senior Charter Member
172 Posts
Make sure you keep the plastic on the seats, it should help with clean up!!! ha ha ha

·
Registered
401 Posts
I remember doing that to Street Rod Painter! Remember Ken? He forgot to put his belt on and I hadn't noticed he wasn't buckled in. Got on it and THEN he remembered! Boy that was fun!

·
Scalded Cat
1,847 Posts
Congrats Joe, Will you be on the road this summer? If so we could meet up somewhere to see each others cars. Maybe some others would want to cruise along for the ride?
Todd

·
Caress of Steel
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll definitely be on the road in (fingers crossed) two or three weeks, but not painted. I'd love to hook up...I'm heading down there on June 30 to see the Rush concert at the new USANA ampitheater.

Two things are going to delay the paintjob -

1) I'm missing too much of the driving season as it is, and

2) Wife got accepted into ISU's Pharm.D program, so my paintjob budget is now tuition money!

I'll just do the bodywork over the summer, and if I'm happy with the result, I might attempt the paint myself in the fall/winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts