Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one been scammed on the forum l or run into trouble with people up to no good?

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
22,152 Posts
Same here.

·
Not a waxer
11,761 Posts
We had a couple of true scam artists many years ago; "Rocket Scientist" Craig Hassler and Jeremy Qu*** (I know the last name but won't publish it) who posted under several different user names. I've sent lots of parts out with the recipients' promise to pay and never had a problem. 99.999% of the people in the Factory Five community are golden :)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
x3 on nothing but good experience. Guys here take pride in honoring their commitments & going the extra mile.

John

·
Registered
151 Posts
Years ago I had a few parts listed on Club Cobra. Most sold w/o any problems but I did get and interesting response on a carb. The "buyer" wanted to send a significantly larger check than required to cover the carb & shipping. According the their plan I was to then issue a refund for the overage.

I checked their addresses, all were scattered around the States, one was a gopher hole in Utah. The local PD called "scam". Still have the check for $2,500.

I agree w/ Jeff, I too have had payments and parts cross in the system w/o problems. This is a great group.

Jim

·
Charter Member
717 Posts
In the "olden days" before the complete kit era, building a non donor was an adventure. I think I had 1/3 of a Fox body Mustang sent to my P.O. box. One guy sent me a badly crushed (unusable) pedal box but that was the only bad experience. Everyone here is first rate and the vendors are outstanding.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
All good here. Got short changed on a muffler I sold on the BMW site.

·
Junior Charter Member
3,114 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences here. Many times my check and their parts would pass in the mail.

·
Charter Member
354 Posts
As Jeff mentioned, I heard about a few issues many, many years ago. I have also bought and sold many items over the years through this forum without a single issue.

·
Actual builder now!
1,469 Posts
X whatever. Nothing but great experiences. I think the vast majority of people on here are stand up decent human beings. For example; when I was recovering from brain surgery a fellow forum member put out the call for guys to come over and give me a ride to cheer me up and three did. One from some distance. Advice has been top notch and I haven't had an issue yet that wasn't helped by this community.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
By and large all great experiences, and as the iTrader feedback under my avatar indicates, I’ve bought & sold a few things over the years and captured the feedback there as intended.

HTH,
Will

·
Registered
273 Posts
Not scammed yet....

Still waiting for parts .... last e-mail not responded too. I am starting to get a little annoyed since the card was already charged. How about a tracking number is it really that much to ask for.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
I've never had an issue myself. We try to watch out for each other here and are pretty quick to point out when something is not right. I have also had parts and checks pass each other in transit.

We'll also point out if someone is doing something dangerous on their build. "Hey, I just used silicone instead of motor mounts", and watch the sparks fly.

·
Registered
169 Posts
We had a couple of true scam artists many years ago; "Rocket Scientist" Craig Hassler and Jeremy Qu*** (I know the last name but won't publish it) who posted under several different user names. I've sent lots of parts out with the recipients' promise to pay and never had a problem. 99.999% of the people in the Factory Five community are golden :)

Jeff
I'll have to agree with this post wholeheartedly! I've been on both ends of buying and selling on the community. I've had parts come in after I placed an order when the check I sent was clearly still in the mail. I've had other users waiting for the check to clear and then send parts.

I know people give Finish Line a hard time due to their slow or non-existent responses...but I've always had everything I've ordered from them show up eventually.

Most everybody here I assume is of the age where your word still means something.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts