Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Charter Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to DMV this morning at 10 am and was out of there @ 11 am. Much better than expected. But the news is that my SB100 number is 219! That's in just over 2 hours from the first number issued.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Appointment tag #A001 at DMV Pomona. I only needed MSO, Application for Title, and Misc Statement of fact. The manager kept calling and calling Sacramento. There were two other guys registering Factory Fives. Didn't know who they were but I would have loved to chat! (I was "20-something looking" 35 year old wearing the green bomber jacket.) Anyway the purchase price of my kit was $13,820 and I paid $1,201 in taxes. They never asked about the donor or title from the donor. Left DMV at 10:30am and alked out with SB100 #090. Funny how 89 people got through to Sacremento before me, I was first in line and had an appointment at 8:00am. It was a nerve-wracking experience, but the clerk(s) kept advising of status. If you can, fill out a nice response card for the clerks. If anyone has any questions for me, shoot me an e-mail.

·
1,568 Posts
I left the DMV at about 10:15. After 1 1/2 hours and a major deposit, I have number 2005078. (I hope "2005 is just for the year and the actual number is "78".) I will not be comfortable until I actually recieve the certificate in the mail (7 to 10 days). There was 3 of us after these certificates and none of the clerks had ever handled one of these.

My clerk asked another clerk about the process and she told me I needed to have a completed car first. Didn't leave and persisted. My clerk finally talked to a supervisor and proceeded to fill our my paperwork. She told me that my license number on the completed form was my number...I say I don't think so. So she asked another person and finally it got straightened out. However, it must have taken about 45 minutes before the supervisor got through to Sac to get a number.

I'm glad I am through this phase but I'm holding my breath.

Curtis

·
Senior Charter Member
4,270 Posts
Mustang Medic and I were there early this morning (I was there 1/2 hour before the doors opened) to complete the process, close to 3 hours later we walked out with #'s 220 & 221....Sounds like they will be gone alot sooner this year! I got the clerk a mocha to help smooth things over... :D

I went for a quick drive to show it off...the weather is a bit "nippy" right now!

[ January 03, 2005, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Rickster ]

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Here is the tally thus far:

#42 9:30
#54 10:00
#78 10:15
#90 10:30
#219 11:00
#220 11:00
#221 11:00

Will the 500 last the day? With 100's of DMV's in CA, it only takes a few per to consume the 500 spots. I met a fellow owner at our little DMV and the clerk on the phone said there were 5 at the dmv in Folsom.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I was the first in line this morning at the Temecula DMV. They had some idea of the process and the urgency. Sacramento would only give one SB 100 number per phone call. The DMV here had someone posted to a phone hitting redial for hours on end. There was four of us trying to get numbers and it took them two hours of redial to get three numbers. Two of us for FFR, one Nobel GT and an off road vehicle. I got #40 just before 10am. They will most likely not last through the day.

With the busy signal comming up so frequently I was sweating it for a couple of hours.

[ January 03, 2005, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Nels Prario ]

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
KEN that's a great list, try to keep watching and let us know. big jump from 10:30 to 11:00. i'm sure mine is correct at #90

·
Junior Charter Member
892 Posts
I have two friends in line right now and they have been there (with appointments) since 8:30- now 1:00. They STILL don't have a number and were told to leave because the ladies couldn't get through to Sac.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
The clerk asked for my phone number as they were having problems getting through and they would call me later. I told them that I would wait and sat down and finished reading the paper. Took them an hour of dialing Sac and I will never know if me sitting there influenced them to continue to try to get through and obtain the number or not. I had written off the morning, so I was not going to leave the office without the number.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Here is the tally thus far:

#42 9:30
#54 10:00
#78 10:15
#90 10:30
#219 11:00
#220 11:00
#221 11:00

I had a 9:30 appointment, Got there at 9:10 walked out at 12:15 with # 281.

There were two Superforance guys there as well getting there #s. One of these gents I owe big time. He called Sac DMV on his cell and got through after the local DMV person gave up tired of listening to the busy signal. The local DMV clerk took his cell and was able to process our paperwork.

What a day...

·
3,798 Posts
Like gomarlins3 said about the three numbers above, but, it took us from 8:15 (with appointment) until I finnaly got through on my cell phone.

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
I had a 10:00 am appointment in Stockton. Jack Stand (been thru it 6 times) and I arrived at 8:45 and took a number. By 9:10 I canceled my 10:00 am appointment.
By 9:30 I had #44.

When we handed the lady the paper work another person was getting a SB100 so the lady with the other person got a # for me as well...

In and out in less than an hour.

Thanks Jack Stand.....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sorry, all, but I have to ask a really dumb question. What in the hell are you all doing in California! I haven't read the posts about SB100 so I guess I have really missed everything. Is there only so many of these "exemptions" that CA is going to allow? I'm sorry I missed all the info, but this really sounds like a bit of a hassle -- more so than normal, if there is such a thing.

Mike

·
FFCobra Fanatic
376 Posts
I had appointment A001 and A002 at the sacramento office for my car and my fathers. we left at around 11:00 with numbers 213 and 214. took the lady over an hour to get through. I felt bad for some guy that told them his car was still in kit form and that they would not give him a number..............that really sucks! good luck for everyone that does not have one yet.

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
Looks like Jack Stand is the winner for shortest time! Did you bring a thug with you? Hope everyone that went got it. Thanks guys for posting I looked forward to seeing what would happen. I better get building now, I'm not even done disassembling the donor...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts