Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to buy a MKII with SB100 sticker but no certificate available. Would somebody with a smog exempt sticker comment as to whether this car is really smog exempt? Please note that the the current engine has been changed: It's now a 347 with a carburetor, NOT fuel injection. The sticker reads:
Yr/MK/MDL: 2002 SPCN COBRA REPLICA
ENGINE Yr/KM/SIZE: 1965 FORD 5.0L
REQ. ECS:
PCV,
FUEL INJECTION
COMMENTS: SB100 seq # 2002-221 inspection body.

Is this SB100 really based on 1965 body or does it have to comply with 2002 emission standards? I've called the DMV and Ca BAR and get different answers. Also, any problems down the road if the original Certificate of Sequence is not available?

·
Charter Member
3,866 Posts
I'm about to buy a MKII with SB100 sticker but no certificate available. Would somebody with a smog exempt sticker comment as to whether this car is really smog exempt? Please note that the the current engine has been changed: It's now a 347 with a carburetor, NOT fuel injection. The sticker reads:
Yr/MK/MDL: 2002 SPCN COBRA REPLICA
ENGINE Yr/KM/SIZE: 1965 FORD 5.0L
REQ. ECS:
PCV,
FUEL INJECTION
COMMENTS: SB100 seq # 2002-221 inspection body.

Is this SB100 really based on 1965 body or does it have to comply with 2002 emission standards? I've called the DMV and Ca BAR and get different answers. Also, any problems down the road if the original Certificate of Sequence is not available?
Not sure, but you might have screwed the owner if you provided all this information to the CA BAR. :001_unsure:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rich, No I didn't supply nearly all that info to regulatory agencies. I believe in following the law but it's not my job to enforce it or blow any whistles. I just don't want to end up with $30000+ in auto I can't later sell in California when the time comes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts