Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you guys, we know who received numbers, but has anyone actually received their certificate in the mail? Last year I got mine within the first week, but haven't received one yet this year. Or have they changed something I don't know about?

·
8,350 Posts
Doug, I don't understand...did you get a SB100# last year AND this year?; different cars, I hope. Mine carried over from 2004 (no followup on my OR the State's part and I just got plates on Friday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you are not lucky enough to get one of these certificates, how difficult is it to get the car certified in California?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,751 Posts
Got mine in the mail yesterday too.

Socalsam, you can still register without SB100, you just have to meet the smog requirements of the year of the motor.

[ June 23, 2005, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: TNCobra ]

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dale, I went through this whole process last January for my first car, which I sold in November. Get to do it again with the new one. I would hope to be seeing mine maybe Tuesday then, MLK day Monday.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if you can get a smog exemption, what else needs to be done to get the car registered? just submit paperwork to the DMV??

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Socalsam,

If it's car that has never been registered, you need:

1) Application for Registration
2) Statement of Construction
3) Miscellaneous Statement of Facts (leave it blank)
4) Receipts for Kit, Motor, Trans
5) MSO for kit
6) Write a big, fat check to DMV

·
3,798 Posts
Still waiting for mine, Monday was a mail holiday, hopefully will be in the box when I get home today.

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
Came in the mail Saturday.

Socalsam: you'll also need a VIN from CHP--The only thing on the car that has not cost me somthing.

·
The Never-Ending Builder
5,329 Posts
Mine came today also. :D

Hank

·
8,350 Posts
Doug, I'm leaning towards selling this one (still needs to go to SRP). Even though its going to be soooo gawdawful cool, I'm raring to do it again.

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I can rest easier tonite. Mine got here this evening. Now it's gonna be a race to finish up the car b4 Da Bat gets the body painted.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts