Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to start a roadster build soon. Doesn't seem to be any current in SK.. Maybe some will come to the surface now. Would love to hear from anyone regarding the legalities of getting it on the road here.
BLES

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
There are a number of FFR's in Saskatchewan and the owners have posted here in the past. A search here or on Google should bring up information on how to get it registered, as you know every province is different. Also most of us are happy to show off our cars.
David W

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David. Haven't found anyone yet. There are 4 listed but none have posted for a long time. Haven't found much else related to SK either. Will keep watching.
BLES

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi-I'm right next door in Winnipeg (actually bought my unfinished Mk4 kit from a guy in Regina). Not sure of the legalities for getting them on the road in SK but assume it will be similar to the process in Manitoba. While I havnt got mine legally registered yet I understand there are few things that need to be done. Car has to be inspected to ensure it is road worthy. Here in Manitoba this also means it has to have full width bumpers, windshield wipers and defrosters and dependent upon the inspector exhaust that has a certain amount of baffling.

Feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected] or call or text me at 204-224-4081 if you have any more questions. John

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
I used to be from Sask. (Regina) but have been in Alberta more than half my life. I believe registering in Sask is very similar to Alberta. Go online and apply for a serial number (federal) then you can ge a permit to drive it to get inspected. You will need a passed out of province inspection form to get your plates (and in Sask, insurance included), then you are good to go.

HTH's
Larry

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I'm looking at a finished car now. It's currently licensed in Canada in another province. Hoping I can just get it and do the out of province inspection.?? It has backup lights and 3rd brake I think.
BLES

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
in Alberta they will look for wipers and defrosters, you probably will need them as well.
David W

·
Snake Farmer
10,299 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you look over this thread, it should show several owners that perhaps you could message..QUOTE]

Thanks Bill. None of those seem to be current. I did message them, though, but....?
Was in touch with a guy in Saskatoon yesterday, but he sold his several years ago.

BLES

·
Snake Farmer
10,299 Posts
None of those seem to be current. I did message them, though, but....?
You mean current, as like they no longer own them, or that they just don't frequent the forum any longer?

I don't know if you do Facebook, as that has become quite trendy for some. There is an FFR builders group, and another one for FFR owners, (and likely several others).
It might be possible to find someone local to you, on them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ffrbuilder/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/8593001091/

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was never able to find anyone in SK although I did find two former SK cars. As mentioned in the Canadian listing thread, I've now got one here and registered. Thanks to all who tried to help.
BLES

1 - 11 of 11 Posts