Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think about getting a salvage donor. Late model mustang 01-06, that was in a wreck. Engine and tranny should be good and most other parts depending where the damage was. These prices are often very reasonable for a parts car

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yep, no problem, look for a side hit, all the parts you may need should be in good shape.

·
Premium Member
2,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your prompt responses. I hope I can find one that was hit in the right place ( side or roof?)

·
Premium Member
14,690 Posts
Better if you buy a side hit Donor, you never know with Rolled Over ones, I bought my 5k mile 03 Cobra with a hit on the side (the Ultimate donor), everything was perfect !:

and a 4k miles 03 GT (that I am installing into an 87 Stang), this one was a rolled over victim, problem was that when they turn the car straight they tried to run it, with oil in one of the cylinders it cause it to Hydrolock.
images of the donor and the damage:

Good Luck !

SERGIO
---------------------
Ongoing Projects:
"SuperCobra" - 1st of its kind
"Double Displacement" - '03 GT into '87 Stang

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wish I could have found a good wrecked car. I felt pretty bad about destroying my '88 donor even though it wasn't that cherry. I also did not not use that many parts from the car as they were worn beyond what I wanted to put on my car. That said, I'm not sure that I would have wanted to track down all the parts I did use considering I only paid $1600 bucks for it and go non donor. I do live in rust country though.

[ December 24, 2006, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Doug S ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.