Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing some research and and talking to some fellow Arizonians, I have decided to remove the extensions on the Salt and Pepper connectors. Then I got thinking, why not get rid of them all together and solder the wires and cover them with heat-shrink and then some tape. Any reason why that would be a bad idea?
Dave

·
Junior Charter Member
422 Posts
UUhh, that sounds cool, and it would look really slick. The only thing that would keep me from doing it is having to remove the harness from the eng. before pulling it. But it would look sweet! -wingnut13

·
Premium Member
6,413 Posts
The extensions on the S and P connectors were added after a Ford recall...seems there were serious electrical problems with the original set-up....
If you take them out altogether , service that requires pulling the upper intake may be more difficult...I would also check reasons for the recall , before removing.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
I can pull mt intake off with no problems, I wouldn't want to take that connector apart and put back together for an intake change and rely on good connections, You can't beat soldered for a solid connection. I would say do it. Pull the salt and pepper connectors out and throw them in the garbage where they belong.

·
6,546 Posts
The extensions were added because the original harness in the mustang was too short and on some cars would pull the 10 pin connectors (S&P)'s apart. You can toss the extension if you route your harness properly.

·
Junior Charter Member
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I'm with you Knight. I hear that some folks that removed the extensions ended up with electrical gremlins that would come and go as they shook the harness where these connectors are. Hey Pink...I'm peddling as fast as I can :)I figure to have the body on in about 3 weeks or so and start fitting doors, windshield, etc. I'll have to start figuring out what I need to get it registered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts