Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saleen is selling 6 speeds that will replace the T5, anyone know anything about the T56?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
No need to bother with Saleen, just call Mike Forte...

·
Rip Snortin Post Maniac
1,044 Posts
Well, I know a little about the T-56. I put one in my 92 Mustang GT and I have one in my 03 Cobra.

It's a great tranny. Tough as the TKO with less noise and better shifting. Most say it would be overkill in a Roadster. I though the Roadster WAS overkill. ;)

The way they are geared is like having a gear between 4th and 5th in the T-5. If you order one for the 5.0 motor, it comes with the bell housing. It uses the same speedo sensors as the T-5 but it's on the oppisite side of the tranny. It is longer than the t-5 and will require some modifications to the crossmember to put in a FFR or a Fox body stang. If you are goint to put it in the FFR, you will have to have IRS. The drive shaft will be too short for a straight axle car. It uses a yoke from a C-6. It will use the same clutch setup as the T-5. The Tremec TKO uses a different clutch.

If you want one, no need to shop around, Fortes has the best price and service on the T-56. I know, I shopped before I put one in the 92 GT.

[ November 15, 2002, 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Gatorac ]

·
Premium Member
9,134 Posts
Hi Frankencobra,
I sold a few T-56's to Saleen this past summer. I stock many T-56's and have a T-56 to bolt to a Ford bellhousing behind a 460, 427-428 & all small blocks.
Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
376 R Cambridge Street
Burlington, MA 01803
781-273-9900
[email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.