Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my kit on Friday 11th the day before the open house.

I will stay overnight to participate to the open house before heading back to Canada.

Any recommendations on where I should stay with my kit loaded on an open trailer??

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,899 Posts
Perhaps you can keep it at FFR overnight inside on the trailer. Or load the kit real early Sat am and keep the boxes inside till you are ready to head home if possible. With the open house there will be plenty of people around to give you a hand. Either way I'd call them to see if they can help first. I have an Aunt in Osterville about 45 min away from FFR towards the cape. If you find no other solution you could keep it at her house with the boxes in the garage and trailer in the driveway. It would be a little out of the way but if you find no other solution let me know! Good luck, G.

·
5,573 Posts
Dakota, there is a Days in very close in Middleboro. We stayed there prior to picking up but had the trailer and a truck with cap full of stuff from forte's including a tremec, bellhousing etc. I was paranoid that we would get up in the morning and be without trailer etc. It is a "motor inn" sort of setup so if you planned it right you could park outside your room. The night we were there there was a hotrod on a trailer parked for the night.

Days Middleboro

I think you would be just fine there....there is a mcdonalds right next door as well for bfast.

The factory has a wide open bay area but not sure they would want you to leave a trailer there. no harm in asking.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,123 Posts
Dave,

We did something similar. We picked up on Friday, stayed in a hotel until 2 am and then left.

We locked our car to the trailer with one of those heavy duty security cables/locks. This would prevent the casual opportunistic thieves from pulling up, grabbing the frame/body (it's not really that heavy) and hauling a$$. Then we backed the trailer into an isolated spot where it would be nearly impossible to steal the trailer without moving the truck. We then moved all of our boxes into our room, which is pretty easy.

You could also consider using a similar chain/cable setup to lock the trailer to the tow vehicle if you can't put it in a situation preventing the trailer from being grabbed easily.

Bottom line is, you can only keep the opportunistic thieves away from your stuff. The dedicated thieves go all out to get your stuff, regardless of what you do to prevent it. That includes using heavy bolt cutters to cut whatever cables and chains you are using to secure your car. Just make it as hard as possible for them to steal it, and secure as much as you can in your room or in an enclosed vehicle or trailer.

Short of getting an all-night security guard, that's about all you can do.

You might also talk to your insurance agent to see what the situation is if someone does steal it.

Hope that helps.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
Grab your kit head south 40 minutes and stay on cape cod. One of the safest and most beautiful places in the area. Hey I can hook you up with a hotel on the ocean and you can park it at my house for the night, how safe is that??!!!

I am not sure of other areas to stay in but cape cod is a safe quiet place to stay and some really nice hotels you can stay at before you head back north.

pat

·
4,013 Posts
Dakota,

You are welcome to park the trailer at my house on your way home. There is a Holiday Inn just up the street and the trailer will be safe in my yard. I am 1 hour North or FFR - right on your way home.

Henry

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You guys are great!! capecobra, where exactly are you located?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.