Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is happening all over the cold weather regions. But still had to post. We had our first Michigan snow a few days ago. Don't think they salted the roads, but temps are now regularly in the 30's and the outlook doesn't look any better. So time to accept reality that the driving season is over. Had a great couple days of cruising two weekends ago looking at fall colors. One with my wife, the other by myself. Were great drives, and now that's it until spring. All you warm weather guys can give us cold weather die-hards grief. But other than a wet spring, it was a great driving season with many amazing days. And winter is a great time for building and tinkering.

For me, this year started at the Detroit Autorama with the Roadster in the Ford Performance display. Then we made it to the Texas Spring Meet for the first time. Then London. Then the Woodward Dream Cruise. Then some track time at the Ford Proving Grounds. Saw the other side of the 100 mph mark for the second time. (Not going to admit to the first.) And a whole bunch of club events and just plain cruising around in between. This year, put just over 3,000 miles on the Roadster, which is a new high for me. It continues to amaze and every drive reminded how blessed I am. Next year will be different. Expect some of those miles will be replaced with the Coupe. Will be interesting to compare the two and see what the future will be. In the meantime, today I put conditioner in the fuel (Stabil 360), am changing the oil and filter, will grease the chassis, check the fuel filter (probably replace), and look everything over closely. Already checked a couple of my key spots with witness marks (front upper ball joints, IRS axle nuts, IRS suspension nuts) and nothing has moved. So all good so far. Have a few new stone chips, and may touch those up if I get bored this winter. But for now, will go back down on the Race Ramp FlatStoppers and wait for warmer weather.

·
3,508 Posts
Mines the same Paul.., only mine is on jack stands. A sad sight for sure. Texas is only a few months away! I try to be optimistic!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The important part is that you drove the car when you could. I am finding that more miles is more smiles. With the weather getting into the 40s in the mornings, I had to break out the jacket and gloves.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I NEVER put my car away, you just never know when there is going to be a nice day!!!!
Unfortunately, around here the roads are white with salt and thick with rock salt all Winter. The warm days might be tempting, but I always wait for a couple Spring rains to wash them clean.

·
Official OLD GUY
3,733 Posts
Really ? ? ?

Paul,

That picture of your emmaculate car on the lift is an excellent picture without question . . . well, maybe one:

How the hell do you drive as much as you can in your seasons and keep the car looking like that - spotless.

There's not any indication of road debris or slung mud or even a dust spec . . .

Brakes don't even look like they have been applied . . .

Just kidding . . .

Your car is an inspiration to many on these forums.

Doc

·
Senior Charter Member
6,359 Posts
So...

I've driven mine every day for the past week or so, even late last night when coming home from a meeting I had to run the wipers and wipe the inside of the windshield due to the marine layer (fog to those not on a coast) and I heard on the local news that our area ins't expecting any rain for the next three weeks. We have been getting into the mid 70's when our usual temps for this time of year is more like high 50's and we have usually had significant rain by this time of year. And, it is a struggle to keep it clean.

Regards, Rick.

·
246 Posts
yep baby dont see the streets up here till at least lat april too much salt on the streets , she's now up on the 4 post with the usual staybil and battery connected and cover on in our heated shop till spring

1 - 8 of 8 Posts