Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last time I went to the dyno I blew a head gasket. Was using 93 pump gas and 10 degrees of initial timing. Don't know what the total timing was with SCT chip. Was thinking of getting a methanol kit to prevent detination.
I am running 8-10 pound of boost. Stock 302 short block. Don't know what the compretion is.

John

·
Junior Charter Member
55 Posts
call snow performance .speak with nate. i have a snow system on a roots blower with 1o lbs of boost and 35deg. total timing. i have no det issues .no blown head gaskets.
paul

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I would fully recommend aquamist or coolingmist... I have also used SMC in the past with good results.

Let me say that aquamist has some amazing fail safes/monitoring equipment that is in the form of a gauge (DDS3 I think it what it is currently called). This tool would make a great addition to any alky system..

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
I have a cooling mist system from my old grand prix gtp. It worked great for high boost.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,510 Posts
John you're boost obsessed I love it. Just think a few months ago you were picking on my car for making a funny noise from under the hood. A few months ago you were going with less boost to prevent detonation now meth injection. That said I've been thinking about the snow system as well though the anderson system is less expensive I really don't like the idea of spraying meth/h20 on my impeller.

·
section 8
5,136 Posts
I always wondered what a blower car on alky would be like !!!! has to be nuts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,920 Posts
It's those junk heads you're running, John :D Put it back together with FelPro gaskets and you're good to go! For a guy that didn't want to spend a lot of money, you sure are looking in the wrong areas!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
7,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK guys thanks for the two cents.
Lets me say publicly to JOHN F and Cobramd that yes I did make fun of there cars for making that funny sound.
Now I am hooked :D :D
I am looking at meth for safty, not to for more power. With the cureent mild tune 356 RWHP, and let me tell you very SCARY.....

John

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.