Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Sky Builder
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post a couple of pics of my side pipes I did this weekend. I was going to buy the flat black BBQ paint, but saw the "ultra" stuff instead, which has more of a semi gloss finish to it. It's a pretty good match for the powder coated black on the roll bars and chassis. So good, in fact, I used it to touch up my much-marred driver's roll bar (shipping box scratches.)

I hit the pipes with a wire wheel and steel wool, cleaned with denatured alcohol, and put 3 light coats on them. I think they turned out pretty good. We'll see what the color does after they are heated, but if you're looking for a little more "shine" instead of the flat black, this might be an option.

I think I paid around $6 a can at Lowes. You could probably stretch a single can for both pipes, I used just over a full can.

·
Big Sky Builder
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for frame touch up too.:checkeredflag:

Karl
That's right...I'll need it too, thanks to brake line bending, and overspray from my "already riveted" panels I needed to hammertone (bought started kit.) No matter how much I taped and masked...seems like those little paint molecules found their way every where...

·
3,596 Posts
Kevin.
I use the Ultra myself and like it much better! It keeps a finish longer and is easy to touch-up.

Sten

1 - 5 of 5 Posts