Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone post the instructions. I seem to have misplaced mine and have some questions about setting it up with the Lokar cable.

thanks

·
2,746 Posts
Kerry,

I can't recall that mine came with any instructions. What sort of questions do you have?

Chris.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The clip that was installed on the pedal had 3 washers on it and it spun freely. Does the Lokar clip with the nylon spacer get tighten down or should it have play in it?

On a different note, looks like I need to shorten the inter cable on the 36" Lokar stainless cable. Anyone else have to shorten the cable?

I know Mark at Breeze included instructions, I just can not locate them. Thanks

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cable is not perfectly straight going into the firewall. Is that ok?

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,745 Posts
Looking at the cable as it comes thru the firewall to the pedal-yep,laying in the driver footwell- it should be coming out of the fitting centered (w/ no bending) as well as possible.Do anything you can to make this a straight run and the smoothness of the gas pedal movement will benefit.On my car, I actually drilled a new hole thru the firewall.Good luck

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the cable lined up pretty good.

The cable seems smooth but it takes more effort than a new production car. What is your experience with the lokar cable?

·
Premium Member
8,327 Posts
Mike the TP comes with two clips, the bent one is for the Ford EFI, or at least the older one FFR used to use and a straight clip which will work with the clevis on Lokar cables. Not sure what the Chevy one looks like so I can't really say.
On the latest EFI cable that ffr includes they changed tings and it comes with a white square plastic block. This will work with a slight mod, you use a sharp blade and make the inserted section round and then cut a groove so it fits over the cable

2001C5, it should be as straight as possible but a little is not a problem. The straighter it is the less wear you'll have where it comes out of it's sleeve.
It shouldn't take a lot of effort, what cable are you using? if it turns too tightly that will tighten it up.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the stainless polished Lokar cable but will be ordering the black cable in the am.

The stainless cable binds like crazy.

I added a nylon washer to the straight clip for the Lokar setup and it lines up better.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,745 Posts
The ss lokar cable is crap.I am really surprised they even sell them.My mkII came w/ an SS cable. I did a lot of adjusting, aiming, etc to the whole system and got it more driveable. Then ordered a black cable which w/ no other changes about halved the throttle effort.

·
Charter Member
1,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I ordered the black cable today.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.