Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Russ Thompson gas pedal (from Breeze) with the wilwood pedal box (from Forte). Pedal is supposed to attach to the 3/4" tube. But, the wilwood bracket is running along the same 3/4" tube.

Show me your mods to make this work.

Thanks,

·
Charter Member
1,065 Posts
When I finally decide on the throttle pedal position I will bolt the pedal mount through both 3/4" pieces.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your pedal box bracket to the wilwood is very different then mine (from Forte). I have another angle piece going up about where your left tie wrap is.

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
I'm using the Forte's bracket, and Russ's gas pedal. I welded a piece of steel to the bottom and to the left of the 3/4" tube, to attach the gas pedal to. Bolted the pedal mount in with some 1/4-20 cap screws. You can see one of the nuts securing the pedal mount in the second photo. The gas pedal had to be tweaked somewhat to get it centered between the brake pedal and the side aluminum. John

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A straight bolt in mount like kjcabs would be difficult since I have the same bracket as J Persons does. (see the lower brace in the 2nd pic going from the upper to lower bracket).

I guess the options are:

1. mount another bracket like J Persons did. Shifts pedal to left though.

2. cut the brace out and use Russ's old blocks.

3. cut the brace and a 3 inch section of the forte bracket out so the pedal can mount directly to the 3/4 inch tube.

????

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to Russ Thompson for coming up with a pretty good solution:

Cut the top part of the 'C' bracket off to make it an L
Position as needed.
Drill horizontally through the C bracket into the 3/4 tubes to mount.

Allows for placement w/o hitting the existing supports.

Thanks Russ!

·
Charter Member
339 Posts
Darren, I'm about to install the same setup. Any lessons learned to pass on? Photos?
Thanks,

Terry

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Talltale,

Didn't take any photos of the finished product. This is what I ended up doing:

Cut out the center brace like in kgcabs photo above.
Cut the top part of the '[' bracket to make it a 'L'
positioned the pedal as needed. Final placement was after engine installed and as cutting throttle cable to length.

Once happy with throttle cable length and pedal placement, drilled down through 3/4" tube of the Wilwood box, the 3/4" frame member and into the holes in the existing RT pedal mount.

I then bolted through the entire assembly with 2 bolts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts