Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just my opinion here but I think that the 33 without fenders is the coolest look but I wonder how the cars paintwork stands up to it. Those guys who are racking up the miles now without fenders might like to let us know.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
4,481 Posts
I'd love to but even on my Cobra there are a few chips in the paint from the small rocks on the N. Idaho roads.

My Lotus with motorcycle fenders would protect to some degree but the rocks would get thrown up into the air and at slow speeds, land in the car. Looked like I'd been to the beacvh after just 1/4 mile I have to drive to get to pavement.

I'll run the MC fenders on the 33 though and bobbed fenders on the back.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fast princess

Quicksilver has just past the 2 year mark on the road without fenders. Nearly 18,000 miles mostly pavement secondary roads in Oregon. Yes I have some chips in the paint from rocks. Mostly sidecover area, a few on the windshield frame and a couple on the hardtop. A couple weeks ago I caught a rock on the freeway from a truck and cracked the windshield too. If you drive it like you stole it you will get some chips. As I said before Quicksilver isn't a trailer queen as I prefer a fast princess to a trailer queen.

·
Registered
293 Posts
... I drove mine w/o top in rain and even after the rain stopped I still had self-made rain from my 255/40s in the front. You steer slightly to the left = driver gets soaked; slightly to the right = passenger gets soaked. ... I certainly did not drive in rain on purpose. Just got unlucky on the way home from a cruise night ... :icon18::icon18::icon18:

Kai

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.