Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...I sent away for and received the free info pack from FFR, drooled on it almost on a daily basis. Got video...watched it several times, will show it to anyone who seems even the slightest bit interested...wife hates video now, tries to hide it from me :D . Bought assembly manual, read it front to back countless times, fear it won't hold up until I get my hands on a kit (it's all dog-eared and stained already, and I haven't even done any work yet!). My problem is, what else is there that is free or relatively cheap for me to get about FFR cobras while I'm in the never ending saving phase of my build? I'm going crazy here, help a brother out.

Rob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
Find someone near you who's building, buy a case of beer, and go make a new friend.

·
12,654 Posts
Figure out what tools you will be needing that you dont have. Kids, wives, parents are always wondering what to get you for christmas, birthdays and Fathers days. HELP THEM OUT. :cool: :cool:

Start looking for the Perfect Donor car at a good price.

Get to working on your garage. Need to paint the floor and get it spruced up. PERSONALLY I had to get rid of 15 years of accumulated OPEL parts. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dont forget to be looking for a beer refrigerator for the garage :D :D

earl

[ August 19, 2002, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: CobraEarl ]

·
10,171 Posts
go out and buy a couple of model cars of cobras and build them.. (i did)
start buying donor parts.. you don't need a car.. there are enough parts floating around to get a start.. then you can make them real pretty..
trust me, you don't want to get the kit and have the donor to work on at the same time....

If you have all of your parts ready to go, the rest will be like a real life model car... Kinda...

·
FFCobra Fanatic
617 Posts
Keep researching! Get all the information you can off of this site and others and make notes on what you like/don't like about other people's cars. By the time you get around to building, you'll have built it in your head 100 times! (I did, anyway). Catalog all of that information so you'll know exactly where to find it once you start building.

And if you're not going to buy a donor, start looking for really good deals on stuff like control arms, rear ends, pedal box, etc. If your local U-pull-it has a $20 "all you can carry" special, go stock up!

-Joe

·
FFR 4331
1,114 Posts
If like me you have to wait (and wait, and wait, ...) until next year to buy your kit, try prepping your garage. So far I've installed some serious shelving, finished 80% of the painting, finished hanging new light fixtures and waiting to epoxy coat the floor this fall. Knowing your doing all of this monkey work in prep for the build makes it a bit easier (but just barely)!. :rolleyes:

I tell you what though; surfing this forum makes the wait really tough. Ever get the feeling that FFR is gonna run out of kits??? Have lost sleep over that one. Really! :eek:
CJ

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all you input guys. I'd finish my garage off, but unfortunately, it's still being built, along with the rest of the house :( . I will go out and get a model and start collecting parts, maybe even get my donor and drive/fix it, just to make sure that i don't have any surprises when it comes time to strip it. I guess I could also sit down and do as DragonSnake suggests and figure out exactly what it is I like and don't like.

Earl: Good idea with the christmas list...I may even ask my family for charitable donations to my cobra fund :D

mikiec: the stains were from uh, handcream....yeah, that's it...hands were dry from flipping pages too fast...used too much cream

Cobra Jones: I know what you mean about the waiting. I keep having horrible visions of not being able to insure it when its done, to problems with licensing. If anything could possibly go wrong, i've already worried about it. :eek:

Again, thanks for the help guys

Rob

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
HANDCREAM?!?!?! YUUUUUUUK. That's disgusting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.