Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I hijacked this thread from the other fourm. I want to do this....is it possible on the MKIV - see below. Thanks! PJ

Bumpers and Body Grommets

After working about a year on the chassis, I finally got the body back on this past weekend and now busy getting everything fitted. When I purchased my MkIV basic kit, I also bought the complete front and rear bumper/overrider kit. Currently fitting the front and rear bumpers to get the ends of the body aligned and that is working well. I had purchased a set of the rubber body grommets from Finishline and trying to get them installed also. I had planned on using the stainless spacers that came with the quick jack lifts but noticed they have a 5/8" o.d. where the grommets have a 3/4" i.d. so there would be a space.

Fort those of you who have installed the bumpers AND the body grommets, did you use a different spacer that more matched the i.d. of the grommet?

Would appreciate any feedback and pics you could provide.

Many thanks,

Ron

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
28,619 Posts

·
Albany ny
410 Posts
Yes, I did. You need to use finish line sleeves to match the I'd of their grommets . It's a real nice install when done. I'll send picks tonight

·
Albany ny
410 Posts
bumper grommets

PJ, I did meet you at Carlisle. Just ground the body openings to the size of the inside grove of the gromets. Its oval and I made a pattern then traced it on the finnished body (scary as hell) and rotary filed away. Came out great and holds the body tight. Hasn't shown any movement after many 100 mph plus runs. I cant upload pics on this forum for the last several months for some reason so PM me your e mail address so i can send you a pic.

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
We just delivered a MK4 that we used the Finish Line Grommets and replaced the cut tubes with an uncut length of tube. I prefer this method over pinching the body. Holds the nose up with no problem...da Bat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.