Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone build rubber floor mats that would fit the Cobra? I just finished the carpet and don't want it messed up!!!

Roy

·
Premium Member
5,159 Posts
Gonna be hard to find where it makes the drop.I have used two rears from Wal-mart in mine and laid one in front of the seat and one down in the drop.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
I did what Lex did on the upper floor but on the lower floor I cut pieces of aluminum diamond plate to size and sprayed them with black bed liner. I had no luck with floor mats in the lower footboxes because they kept sliding around and easily got a dent from my heel because the soft aluminum floor had so much give. The diamond plate does not move around or flex and the bed liner gives my heel support and keeps it from sliding around. Its easy to freshen up too.

·
Premium Member
7,018 Posts
Check out the mat I built for mine (driver side only).

See my build pics under "Carpeting" and Cockpit" (below).

·
Registered
505 Posts
I made paper patterns, then went to Osh Hardware and bought heavy rubber matting by the foot. Trace & cut. Perfect!

·
Charter Member
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll have to look through the local building supply places to see if I can find something that will work.

Roy

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
Roy I went to an Auto Zone and found floor mats to fit. Just look thru the universal floor mat sets and match one up. I got some made of carpet instead of rubber.
Mats for the rear seats in some passanger cars will fit perfect in the driver foot box in the lowwer section where you feet will rest. pssenger side front mats were used on the upper section of foot box but needed to be trimed slighty due to being too long.
rubber mats would be easy to work with. Look at Toyota camry mats.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Roy,

I also tried the heavy rubber route. If you don't have a good source of sheet rubber, you can use heavy mud flaps for a truck and cut them to size. They are about 1/4" thick and available in most parts stores.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I have floor drops in each of my footwells. The floor carpeting in each footwell stops at the bottom edge of the drop-boxes, and that leaves the drop-box floors bare aluminum. There, I added a layer of self adhesive aluminum backed sound deadening material. Finally, I cut up two rear seat rubber floor mats to the shape of the drop-box floors and simply set them in place: no adhesive at all. The carpeted box sides hold everything in place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.