Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cougar
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A true rumble fest, and a great time...again!
Thanks to all at FFR for hosting this extraordinary effort in such a gracious manner.
And a special thanks to "Mad" Matt Kennedy and Dave Gratiano for allow me to ride along.
Dave that car is just toooo refined and comfortable, how about a trip to Yellowstone?
Matt, did you get permission from your doctor (and beautiful wife) before adding that big blue bottle in your trunk?? For anyone that missed it, Matt and Dave have come up with a very trick automatic remote arming nitrous system, I even heard rumors about them producing a kit. Is it true Matt? Too much of a good thing...is wonderful!

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Oh I see how it is, ignore the guy in the miata.

We have feelings, too!

*pout*

:D

·
section 8
5,135 Posts
Thanks for sharing ! I was unable to attend and this made me feel better. So how many horsepower do yallz reckon wuz in the lot ? 1 million? I try to keep 1000+ in the driveway at all times excluding the japanese cars. I don't rate them by HP I rate them by mpg. They do a great job at that . Bob

·
Cougar
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry George, we non-owners just don't rate...yet.
Don't feel too bad, the only way I got my shot in there was to take it myself (the shadow)!

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
I knew I should've unpacked the side pipes and hung them off the side of the miata!

Damn!

I actually have a bunch of good pics of the drive down, too... I just need to get them linked on my build site...

·
Charter Member
1,611 Posts
Actually I just realized I'm at the very front of the fourth picture.

FFR Builds-in-Progress, representing!

·
Senior Charter Member
1,011 Posts
I thought that big blue bottle was just a subwoofer... Was that really what Matt had in mind?? These skunkwork projects always keep the engineers in the dark!!!

No problem on the ride, thanks for the compliments!

See ya next year!

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,266 Posts
Peter, thanks for posting the pics. Hope all is well in north country.

As for the blue bottle it's still nothing more than an additional 10 lbs in the trunk. With a lot of Dave's help we have created a great control panel with integral digital fuel and nitrous pressure gauges...but more on that will come later... Just need to find some time to button up the project.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I wanted to give Matt a big THANK YOU for organizing the New Hampshire owners ride down to the FFR open house.

I've gone to a number of FFR events in the past always envious of the owners. This is the first year I was able to attend the open house as a participant and not just a wannabe, and I was really looking forward to it. But, nothing could have prepared me for the ride down. Words just can't describe how much fun it is, driving in a gaggle of Cobra's. :D :D :D Being behind the wheel I tend to forget how good the car looks, but when your in a group of 6, winding your way through lazy Saturday morning traffic, it's just way too cool.

As if this wasn't enough, we pull off just before I495 at 'Burger King' of all places. I'm thinking... 'oh must be a gas stop'! We were early so it was just the 6 of us. Then, 4 show up, another 6, 5 more, etc, etc. Pretty soon the whole dang place is filled with Cobra's, well, it was some impressive. Then we all left together and seeing Cobra's almost as far as I could see, in either direction was the icing on the cake ... and we hadn't even gotten to the event yet.

You guys really know how to have fun. And also a BIG THANK YOU to the whole FFR team for putting on a great time for the owners, you guys are great too.

Now, if I can just figure out how I'm gonna keep up with Matt next year when he's got that big blue bottle hooked up. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts