Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
427 Crate Engine

For sale, my Roush 427SRTW polished engine.
Fresh off a complete rebuild (new pistons, rings, valves, guides, seals, bearings, camshaft, lifters, water and oil pumps, distributor, and all seals and gaskets. Dynoed at 550/570 hp/tq before rebuild. Feels stronger now.
I'm having an even more powerful engine made for the car. It is completely docile when cruising at 2000 rpm, but you better be pointing straight in any gear if you nail the throttle.
I replaced the Street Avenger with a ProSystems double pumper and that really woke up the engine. If you want an engine that can break loose and get you sideways in third gear with sticky tires, this one will do it!
It is currently installed in my SPF MKIII so you can see it and hear it run. It will be removed by a local shop as soon as my new engine arrives, (supposed to be here in two to three weeks).

Price complete (including flywheel clutch and starter) is $7999. This engine needs nothing to install and fire up in your car. A new polished 427 SRTW runs over $15,000. If you have the local shop (Cavallo Motorsports in Carlsbad, Ca.) that rebuilt do the install in your car, they will warranty the engine for one year.
$1000 deposit holds this engine until the new one is ready.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Will.

He and I are in communication.

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
$7999. Time to get serious about selling it.

My new engine will be ready shortly.

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Come on you guys, I know you want it!

·
Junior Charter Member
1,377 Posts
wish you were on the other side of the country Jim.

I could drop it into the roadster and drop the 408 into the mustang. The stock 289 is a bit anemic

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Joe-

I bet you guys can work something out. I bought my 427w from JohnO and he shipped it in a crate from NJ to AZ for about $300.

Shipping really isn't that bad...

HTH,

Will

·
Charter Member
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wish you were on the other side of the country Jim.

I could drop it into the roadster and drop the 408 into the mustang. The stock 289 is a bit anemic
Tell the wife it's time for a road trip! Or, if you're interested, we can work out something on the shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts