Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently have been experiencing rough idle, stubling under acceleration and bucking at slow speeds. It seems like many on the forum have the same symptoms. I basically have a stock 89 motor with the exception of an e303 cam. I found a code 34 under a diagnostic check, after checking the timing a few times and setting the TPS and idle, checking for a vaccume leak, you know the basics that forum members have suggested with others with similar problems. I found the root cause to my problem. I had the vaccume lines to the EVR switched. I swapped the lines and instantly resolved my drivability issues. My guess is that most forum members having the drivability problems need to swap the vacuum lines as well. It was like night and day as soon as i swapped the lines. Just wanted to pass this along.

Good luck

Gara

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matt,

I was so excited I forgot to spell things out exactly. Basically, the vacuum line that goes from the EGR needs to go to the EVR port closest to the solenoid wires. The port furthest from the solenoid wires goes to the vaccum source at the upper intake manifold. I had these reversed and presumably, the EGR was wide open under idle.

Gara

·
FFCobra Captain
11,720 Posts
Here's a picture of my EGR Solenoid...in the top left.

The black hose on top is to the vaccum source...the lower braided silver goes to the EGR. Are mine correct?

·
Land Shark!
4,668 Posts
Interesting... now I have to go home and check my 99 Saleen to see if the hoses are routed correctly. I have basically the same problem with the car, the only thing that has resolved the stumbling is when I plug the vacuum line going to the EGR valve....

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan,

My EVR is upside down compared to yours, as long as the EGR hose is connected to the port closest to the wires you should be all set. It looks like yours are correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts