Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Your tie rods look too angled. You will get a lot of toe out at bump. I'd address this before doing an alignment.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your tie rods look too angled. You will get a lot of toe out at bump. I'd address this before doing an alignment.
Ok. Another go at it. I adjusted the rods. If this is still toe out. Let me know if I need to make the tie rods longer or shorter. I awesome shorter. I did that. And they are equal on both sides.

I like the PS side the DS is ok. It looks better than before. I ended up resetting everything as per the instructions and started over.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
You may have the static toe correct, but with your present geometry, you will have pretty severe toe out at bump. The tie rods need to be approximately horizontal.To do this you need to raise the tie rods at the wheel end.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may have the static toe correct, but with your present geometry, you will have pretty severe toe out at bump. The tie rods need to be approximately horizontal.To do this you need to raise the tie rods at the wheel end.
Ok. Thank you

·
Registered
648 Posts
bump steer

jason
found this article w/ a good diagram to describe preferred geometry for alignment
Technical Articles
in your head-on pic, i see a jack under the front end. is the car lifted at all in that pic, or resting on the ground? that would affect the geometry of the outer tie rods that we can see in the pic.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. You need to adjust the ride height, approximately 3 3/4" front 4" rear and have the alignment done before worrying about bump steer. You can't tell just by looking at the tie rods.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jason
found this article w/ a good diagram to describe preferred geometry for alignment
Technical Articles
in your head-on pic, i see a jack under the front end. is the car lifted at all in that pic, or resting on the ground? that would affect the geometry of the outer tie rods that we can see in the pic.
Thank you Chewy for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see anything out of the ordinary. You need to adjust the ride height, approximately 3 3/4" front 4" rear and have the alignment done before worrying about bump steer. You can't tell just by looking at the tie rods.
Thank you. Yes knew all that goes hand and hand including the driveshaft angle.

I will take care of it as soon as possible.

Thank you

1 - 10 of 10 Posts