Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To many this isn't a monumental moment, but seeing as I paid my engine builder for this rotating assembly December 2011 I'm very excited to see it finally installed!

Maybe in the next few weeks I can post a first start video.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sadly I didn't do the work, I'd likely have finished it a bit sooner.

Reviews of this guys work are very good, although he is slow which I can surely attest to.

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hi Vic, Congrats! Do you mind me asking who is doing the motor build for you? Just curious. Regards Scott

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott Payne

If I had to do it again I might have chosen someone that had less work ahead of them or put me higher in the rotation.

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Definitely a great feeling to see the guts going into it! I will tell you and others can back me up, if you decide you want to do it on your own, it's far from impossible. There are a couple great threads here on how to do it and one or two with some learning lessons on what not to do. Personally, I found it to be extremely rewarding and after all the knowledge shared by this forum and some help from Mike Forte. Either way, hearing it fire up for the first time will definitely be up there in your list of fond memories!

· Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hi Vic. If you get the motor to long block stage and you want some help with manifolds, carb and accessories I'm more than happy to give you a hand. I've done most of that on mine over the past couple of years. Let me know if there is anything I can do to give you a hand. Cheers Scott

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We will see Scott, I think the engine guy has everything set to go but if progress stalls again I will be picking it up.

TH, I did consider doing it myself but at the time I worried how badly is hate myself if I screwed it up. :)

I do have the box wrench DVD if anyone is interested.

Vic

· Registered
4,498 Posts
sometimes waiting on a machine shop can be tedious, when i built mine it was back and forth to the shop after i mocked up the rotating assembly and where we could get ht for getting 0 deck ht. saved a lot of money wrenchin it myself, just machine work can be expensive

maybe the builder ought to do something with the pink engine in the backgrund...like a boat weight:evil:

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The pink one is a 351 for a pink bronco one of his female customers is having done.

· Registered
4,498 Posts
The pink one is a 351 for a pink bronco one of his female customers is having done.
well its a ford thats one good thing, but a pink bronco:w00t:eek:uch

· Registered
1,848 Posts
Totally missed that one. What kind of woman has a pink Bronco, then has the engine build and painted to match? Where is NGE so we married guys can live vicariously through him?

· FFCobra Fanatic
5,560 Posts
Whats the cubic inch? Looks like a 351 block so I am thinking 408? The deck looks real nice and everything looks clean. Lets hope he stays with it. What are you using for heads? Keep us posted.

Mike

· Registered
11,831 Posts
look fantastic, but isn't it ironic that those super-shiny and smooth components will be subject to oil, gasoline, schmootz, carbon, heat, and millions of violent explosions?

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a 408, rhs 205 heads, one of Levy's cams but a step down from the big one.

Still need a carb, going to go with a 750 dp but haven't decided on quick fuel, Holley or proform.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes I took him this long.

Paying him in advance likely did not help.

· Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Electrical run, now I just need to figure out my dash, wire the connections for the lights etc.

Been making excuses for a long time regarding the electrical, need to get the relays to finish Russ' turn signal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.