Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time kit car fan, looking to finally make it real in the next year or two (if the economy finally picks back up). Whittled my wish list to just a couple makers, FFR and their GTM being one of the top picks. I've always been a motor head and among other things built a late '60s mustang along with the engine and discovered I very much enjoy the build process, more than the driving part when it comes to classics. I was always worried about taking damage, it's too hard to repair classics anymore because original parts are getting harder to find, the cost has gone through the roof, and you never ever get the money out of it you put into them. I also love exotics, but stepping into a Koenigsegg isn't in the budget (though a clapped out used Lamborghini isn't impossible, lol), but still, a real supercar would be a worry about damage, replacement, and maintenance costs, so why not build a supercar? None of the exotic maintenance costs, domestic off-the shelf performance parts, customizable to your own ability and desire...what's not to like? So here I am.

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
Fantastic. Welcome aboard

·
Snake Farmer
10,315 Posts
Having worked for a Ferrari dealer for several years, I can attest that even a clapped out exotic Italian performance car, will cost you dearly, in parts and maintenance.. I built and drive a vehicle, that is just as exotic, with great performance, yet costs very little in comparison. So your on the right track..(y).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would second that building your own to similar or better performance, with the sense of accomplishment is worth much more than stretching for the worst possible version of a "good" car. It may still be worth looking for GTMs that are complete or nearly complete as that would save you a lot of headache and probably money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts