Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any FFR builders installed the Ron Francis wiring harness in your Roadster? If so, how did it work out? Any problems installing and working? I am considering putting one in mine but before I spring for the $700 price tag I would like to know if they work? Thanx, Raybo

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,021 Posts
Ron Francis did mine and I was completely satisifed. Iwas told that when he wa done it was "plug and play", and it was. Laid it out. hooked it up, and started it right up. Absolutley no problems.

·
Builder of FFR#5197
1,404 Posts
Raybo,
All these comments are from a complete novice who's never wired a car before.

I used the Ron Francis and it worked out fine. They'll send you Detail Zone's engine harness and provide their Accessory harness. I also sent my computer to them for flashing, but would have probably opted for buying a flash unit and done it myself had I known better. Mainly so I could adjust later if I wanted or needed.

DZ's harness hooked up in one day and it worked great. Started the engin right up in one day.
Their accessory harness took a bit more work, but worked out fine. DZ's customer service was great and Scott is very helpfull with walk through's on any issues.
RF customer service is not so helpful, but not many problems.
I installed both fuse panels in the engine bay, but after seeing others I would probably use the drop trunk mod and locate both in the drop box area with a hinged door for access.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Originally posted by KobraKurt:
Ron Francis did mine and I was completely satisifed. Iwas told that when he wa done it was "plug and play", and it was. Laid it out. hooked it up, and started it right up. Absolutley no problems.
You have Ron Francis confused with Roger Stine. Roger does the wire diets on stock harnesses (among other things), and Ron Francis is an aftermarket supplier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.