Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys keep me inline before I let the smoke out..
Since I already have the RF harness in place and the fuel level and speed sensor wires are there do I need to run the Speedhut harness or splice into the RF? The Speedhut fuel level has two wires and the RF seems to ground and it looks like just one wire shows up at the dash. Same for the Purple RF Coil Tach wire. Splce or run the Speedhut? Somebody probably has been there done that and I'll do what I need to do but soem input would be nice at this point.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Seems like there are a couple of options - Use the RF harnes and splice the gauge wires into the Speedhut gauges. Or just use the Speedhut sending harnesses.

I liked the Speedhut wiring and sending units better than the RF. So I used the Speed hut Wire harnesses and then basically dieted the RF harness to try to clean it up.

If I had it to do over again probably would not have spent the money on the RF harness, but hindsight is 20/20 . . .

I believe I grounded one terminal from the sending unit and the other attached to the Speedhut gauge.

·
Master Student
1,499 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
898 Posts
I used the wires from the RF harness and spliced them to to the plugs for gauges. This way you minimize having to tear apart the harness, but you can still unplug the gauges if you need to.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the wires from the RF harness and spliced them to to the plugs for gauges. This way you minimize having to tear apart the harness, but you can still unplug the gauges if you need to.
Thanks for the reply. What did you do on the Fuel level? I see only one wire and Speedhut uses 2. I expect it goes to ground. If yours works please tell me waht you did. I want to keep all the smoke in the wires...

·
Registered
898 Posts
IIRC one wire goes to the green from RF and the other is a ground. I called Speedhut, and I believe, don't quote me on this, it was not necessary to ground the gauge because they are internally grounded once you finish connecting the gauge lights.
Go this link and it's the complete RF wiring diagram online.

http://www.ronfrancis.com/images/FFR06-INST.pdf

Found the answer in their instructions:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again! I like being able to confirm anything I do on wiring... I never expected to have a mis printed RF manual and didn't think about chasing down a PDF. Since yours works maybe mine will too... Soon it will be time to power up and I will be stressed out on that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts