Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a rollover vent valve that can be remote mounted? I can't install one in the tank at this time, but I do have a -6 AN vent line that can take a remote mount if there is such an animal.

Happy motoring

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,034 Posts
Speedway Motors has them.
Foolproof ball check valve closes on rollover to prevent fuel from escaping.AN 8 size fitting.
458-364......$19.95
(800)736-3733
Jeff Hamilton

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope..that one goes in the tank, too.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
I had to go back and drop my tank after driving around all summer with no vent.. I really made things tricky when you go to fill up the tank at the stations and it backs-up!

I had to dril the tank after it had fas in it (I have the fuel cell and blocked up the original hole cause I thought it was some sorta EFI thingie!) Drilled it with a vac and a hole saw. It worked real well and what little plastic fell into the tank landed on the inner yellow foam stuff and I just stuck the vac in there and got it all out..

Of course this is great with a plastic tank.. You have a custom alum right? not sure if it will be as easy.. I wanted to do the hose mount like you to avoid the drilling of my cell but came up blank..

good luck..

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My JAZ cell has a vent. But it has no rollover protection and the only one I've found requires getting into the tank again, which I'm not going to do. I just finished patching the trunk floor for the 3rd time. I just have to think about it some more and develop my own design. I knew I'd find something to do while the paintshop had the body.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
The tank that came with my B&B has a remote vent that has a ball in it. I do not know who makes it, but obviously, they are available. Connects to standard gas tubing and has a mesh cover on it. Is not inline, mounts at the end and serves as the vent.

Tom

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I want is a vacuum/vent valve. It's a doohicky with 2 spring loaded ball checks inside. One provides venting into the tank when the engine is running and sucking fuel. The other provides air venting when the tank is being filled. The balls are lighter than the fuel, so one of them blocks flow if submerged (as in upside down). If the car is sitting in the garage, both valves are closed so there isn't any evaporation and smell. I think aircraft use these things, so maybe one of you plane builder types can point me straight.

[ December 16, 2002, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Joe Leone aka Oldguy668 ]

·
Premium Member
18,090 Posts
Originally posted by Joe Leone aka Oldguy668:
Does anyone know of a rollover vent valve that can be remote mounted? I can't install one in the tank at this time, but I do have a -6 AN vent line that can take a remote mount if there is such an animal.

Happy motoring
Joe - Try this link:

http://www.ioportracing.com/fuelvalves.htm

3/8" In-line vent check valve. Offers positive shut-off, FS-ITV06IL
1/2" In-line vent check valve. Offers positive shut-off, FS-ITV08IL
Roll over valve
3/8" in line roll over vent valve
FS-RV38

Good folks to deal with too!

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts