Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have dual rollbars, and the drivers side rear leg matches up perfectly straight with the rollbar, but the passenger side, well, isn't exactly matching up with the rollbar. There is maybe 1/8" gap on one side where they meet with the other size being flush. Basically it makes the rear leg look crooked when looking at the rollbar from straight on.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I can only think of two thing, the rear leg mount on the body needs to be re-angled, or where the rear leg meets the rollbar needs to be re-angled.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

·
Charter Member
1,103 Posts
This is a long shot but it might be worth the attempt. It's possible that one of your roll bar rear legs isn't perfectly straight. You might try rotating the rear leg, or trying it "backwards". Also try swapping driver and passenger side. I also have a passenger side roll bar, but had mine welded after the kit was delivered. These things fit really tight. You have to work with them at odd angles to get them started. The tighter they are the mor difficult they are to take apart after the fitting stage. I used a rubber mallet and a 2x4 to coax them as needed.
Robert

·
Jack of all trades
1,230 Posts
Where is the 1/8" gap? If it is on the top, like mine was, I had to actually remove the weld bead on the hoop mounts to lower the hoop so the rear leg would fit. If it is on the side, then, like RD said, you may have a leg that is pointing too far left or right.

·
Junior Charter Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gap is on the side not the top. When I get home tonight, I'll play around with the roll bar some to see if it looks like one of the two sides isn't going far enough down.

·
4,318 Posts
I welded my passenger side bar mounts in. set the rollbar in place and welded the down leg. It was off. I had a heck of a time getting it all apart again. I had to make a cut on the rear bar frame mount with the sawzall and that was just enought fles to get it back in place. then welded it all back up. This may be what you will ahve to do.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
378 Posts
After welding in my rear legs, one was about 1/16th off. I was able to adjust it with my handy 4 foot cheater slipped inside the leg. I was probably lucky in that I had to move it a bit up and outboard, so I had something to push against. I am pretty sure what I bent was the wall of the 2 X 3. Nothing is infinitely strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts