Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have installed all of my trunk aluminum and tried test fitting my roll bar. The rear leg will not fit between the rear mounting post and the trunk side. The mounting post needs probably 1/4 to 1/2 inch between it and the drivers side wall and there is none. I would actually have to cut into the 3/4 square tubing to get it to fit. Anyone else have this problem. Solution? Thanks

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I'm having difficulty figuring out what you mean. Mine don't really come close to the 3/4" tibe or the side walls. Can you give us a picture?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could but am not able to at the present. The rear straight tube for the rollbar will not fit into the mounting post because the post is too close to the side wall of the trunk.

·
15,282 Posts
Mine cleared the frame tubes, but SRP had to take the old BFH to the trunk aluminum to "clearance" it for the rollbar during body fitment. I don't think this fit issue is particularly uncommon, from our conversation back then. Just beat it in -- if it works for the pros, it's good enough for me.

My issue was only on the driver side rollbar. My passenger side cleared just fine.

Cheers, John

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
I had trouble with the driver's side also. I found that I could get it started with the body off by tilting it toward the passenger side and then reefing it over to where it needed to go. (Sort of letting the bar 'form' the aluminum)

Now, it slides right on like 'Buttah'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts