Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, for racing events such as drag, autox, and road, do you have to have a Roll Bar(challenge racing) or can you have 2 single head bars (single person bars) ???

Tech. Inspection guys??

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Drag racing - no idea. Check with your local track. I'm guessing it'll depend on your speed potential.

AutoX - In most cases, they'll let you run with just the driver side roll hoop. This is mostly dependent on the venue. But check the rulebook for the sanctioning body (SCCA, NASA). Better yet, contact the AutoX director in your region and ask. The rules are a little hard to decifer and sometimes are looser at the regional level.

Road racing - Roll bar, absolutely. But it usually goes beyond that to door bars and other bracing. Again, the rulebooks spell it all out. And you have to read both the GCR/CCR and the rulebook for your specific class.

You might also want to know about HPDE. This is usually a stepping stone to road racing. If you plan on doing this, I'd recommend the spec chassis. But, at a minimum, I think you'll have to have driver and passenger hoops.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.